Affiliation: Jacobi Medical Center
- Effectiveness of the recombinant factor VIIa in patients with the coagulopathy of advanced child's B and C cirrhosisD Bernstein
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, North Shore University Hospital, Manhasset, New York 11030, USA
Semin Thromb Hemost 26:437-8. 2000..Administration of rFVIIa not only corrected the abnormal clotting tests in these patients but also allowed several invasive procedures without the complication of bleeding...
- Relationship of health-related quality of life to treatment adherence and sustained response in chronic hepatitis C patientsDavid Bernstein
North Shore University Hospital, 300 Community Drive, Manhasset, NY 11030, USA
Hepatology 35:704-8. 2002..In conclusion, sustained virologic response is associated with improvements in quality of life in patients with or without advanced liver disease. This parameter may be an important consideration in maximizing treatment adherence...
- Cost-effectiveness of treatment for chronic hepatitis C infectionDavid Bernstein
JAMA 290:1993; author reply 1994. 2003
- Treatment of chronic hepatitis C in a state correctional facilityDavid Bernstein
Ann Intern Med 140:150-1; author reply 151. 2004
- Peginterferon-alpha2a and ribavirin combination therapy in chronic hepatitis C: a randomized study of treatment duration and ribavirin doseStephanos J Hadziyannis
Department of Medicine and Hepatology, Henry Dunant Hospital, Athens, Greece
Ann Intern Med 140:346-55. 2004..Treatment with pegylated interferon (peginterferon) and ribavirin for 48 weeks is more effective than conventional interferon and ribavirin in patients with chronic hepatitis C...
- Pegylated interferon alpha-2a with or without ribavirin in HCV/HIV coinfection: partially blinded, randomized multicenter trialMandana Khalili
University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:1148-55. 2005..PegIFNalpha-2a was therefore at least as effective as standard interferon and ribavirin combination therapy and was well tolerated, without a negative impact on HIV parameters...
- Peginterferon alfa-2b and weight-based or flat-dose ribavirin in chronic hepatitis C patients: a randomized trialIra M Jacobson
Weill Medical College of Cornell University, Center for the Study of Hepatitis C, New York Presbyterian Hospital, New York, NY 10021, USA
Hepatology 46:971-81. 2007..8% and 59.5%, respectively) regardless of treatment duration. Besides greater hemoglobin reductions with weight-based RBV, safety profiles were similar across RBV dosing groups, including the 1400-mg/day group...