Ewen F Kirkness
Affiliation: J. Craig Venter Institute
- Sequencing of isolated sperm cells for direct haplotyping of a human genomeEwen F Kirkness
J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, Maryland 20850, USA
Genome Res 23:826-32. 2013..In addition to generating chromosome-length haplotypes, the approach can directly identify recombination events (averaging 1.1 per chromosome) with a median resolution of <100 kb...
- Towards a comprehensive structural variation map of an individual human genomeAndy W Pang
Department of Molecular Genetics, University of Toronto, 1 King s College Circle, Toronto, Ontario M5S 1A8, Canada
Genome Biol 11:R52. 2010..It is still unclear to what extent a typical genome differs from the reference assembly, and the analysis of the genomes sequenced to date have shown varying results for copy number variation (CNV) and inversions...
- Whole genome sequencingPauline C Ng
The J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD, USA
Methods Mol Biol 628:215-26. 2010..We expect methodologies to evolve rapidly as sequencing technologies improve and more human genomes are sequenced...
- The diploid genome sequence of an individual humanSamuel Levy
J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, Maryland, USA
PLoS Biol 5:e254. 2007..These data depict a definitive molecular portrait of a diploid human genome that provides a starting point for future genome comparisons and enables an era of individualized genomic information...
- Genome sequences of the human body louse and its primary endosymbiont provide insights into the permanent parasitic lifestyleEwen F Kirkness
J Craig Venter Institute, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 107:12168-73. 2010..Thus, the body louse genome project offers unique information and tools to use in advancing understanding of coevolution among vectors, symbionts, and pathogens...