J C Ives
Affiliation: Ithaca College
- Comments on "the Feldenkrais Method: a dynamic approach to changing motor behavior"Jeffrey C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Center for Health Sciences, Ithaca College, NY 14850, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 74:116-23; discussion 124-6. 2003..As part of this discussion, the role of body awareness, attentional focus, and kinesthesia in motor leaning and control are explored...
- Neuromuscular control mechanisms and strategy in arm movements of attempted supranormal speedJ C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Ithaca College, USA
Res Q Exerc Sport 70:335-48. 1999..These and other data suggest that the specific pattern of agonist muscle activation is set according to neuromuscular constraints of the antagonist muscle and the expectation of movement dynamics...
- Psychophysics in functional strength and power training: review and implementation frameworkJeffrey C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Neuromuscular Control Laboratory, Ithaca College, NY 14850, USA
J Strength Cond Res 17:177-86. 2003..This framework is suggested to help maximize sport-specific physiological adaptations, and subsequently, sports performance...
- Sampling rate effects on surface EMG timing and amplitude measuresJeffrey C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Center for Health Sciences, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA
Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 18:543-52. 2003..To determine if oversampling the surface electromyographic signal provides any benefit in analyzing common electromyographic timing and amplitude measures used in kinesiological studies...
- Professional practice in exercise science : the need for greater disciplinary balanceJeffrey C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Ithaca College, Ithaca, New York 14850, USA
Sports Med 37:103-15. 2007..The drift away from a balance and integration of academic preparation in exercise science represents a threat to the acceptance of exercise science graduates as exercise professionals that needs to be corrected for the field to advance...
- Hypopituitarism after multiple concussions: a retrospective case study in an adolescent maleJeffrey C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY 14850, USA emailto
J Athl Train 42:431-9. 2007....
- Beyond the mind-body exercise hypeJ C Ives
Department of Exercise and Sports Sciences, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, 14850, USA
Phys Sportsmed 28:67-81. 2000..However, there is not enough evidence to support replacing conventional medical treatments with somatic methods...
- Knowledge and imagery of contractile mechanisms do not improve muscle strengthJulie Lorenzo
Department of Exercise and Sport Sciences, Ithaca College, NY 14850, USA
Percept Mot Skills 97:141-6. 2003..It was concluded that the knowledge was simply not relevant to knee extension-force production or that use of the knowledge involved a disadvantageous internal focus of attention away from relevant task demands...
- Dual choice health insurance policy: a proposal and a cost analysisJoseph Cheng
School of Business, Ithaca College, Ithaca, NY, USA
J Health Care Finance 36:60-70. 2009..With both cost savings and patient welfare being central in the health care reform being proposed by the Obama administration, the dual choice plan offers considerable benefits...