Affiliation: Iowa State University
- Overview of stabilizing ligands for biocompatible quantum dot nanocrystalsYanjie Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Sensors (Basel) 11:11036-55. 2011..For more than a decade, investigators have used diverse strategies for altering the QD surface. This review summarizes the most successful approaches for preparing biocompatible QDs using various chemical ligands...
- Mixed-surface, lipid-tethered quantum dots for targeting cells and tissuesYanjie Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University, 2114 Sweeney Hall, Iowa 50011 2230, United States
Colloids Surf B Biointerfaces 94:27-35. 2012..Increases in cell and tissue binding were found to be regulated by both QD hydrophobicity and surface charge, underlying the importance of QD surface properties in the optimization of both luminescence and targeting capability...
- Block copolymer-quantum dot micelles for multienzyme colocalizationFeng Jia
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, United States
Langmuir 28:17389-95. 2012..This study demonstrates a versatile platform for multienzyme colocalization and an effective strategy to characterize multienzyme immobilization and colocalization, which can be applicable to many other multienzyme systems...
- Sensing polymer/DNA polyplex dissociation using quantum dot fluorophoresBingqi Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 2230, United States
ACS Nano 5:129-38. 2011..Overall, these QDs were found to be highly effective at monitoring the dissociation of pentablock copolymer/DNA polyplexes in vitro and may have potential for studying the release of DNA within cells...
- Pulmonary biodistribution and cellular uptake of intranasally administered monodisperse particlesTimothy M Brenza
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University, 2035 Sweeney Hall, Ames, Iowa, 50011, USA
Pharm Res 32:1368-82. 2015..This work investigates the impact of these properties on the deposition, biodistribution, and cellular interactions of nanoparticles within the lungs...
- Effects of nanosized titanium dioxide on innate immune system of fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas Rafinesque, 1820)Boris Jovanović
Department of Biomedical Sciences, The College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
Ecotoxicol Environ Saf 74:675-83. 2011..025 μg mL(-1)) causing concern about potential impact of nano-TiO(2) on aquatic animals and ecosystems...
- Dithiocarbamates as capping ligands for water-soluble quantum dotsYanjie Zhang
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 2230, USA
ACS Appl Mater Interfaces 2:3384-95. 2010..Despite previous literature reports of DTC-stabilized nanocrystals, this study is the first formal investigation of a biphasic exchange method for generating biocompatible core-shell QDs...