John R Prickett
Affiliation: Iowa State University
- Comparison of RNA extraction and real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction methods for the detection of Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in porcine oral fluid specimensWayne A Chittick
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, 1600 South 16th Street, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 23:248-53. 2011..The results suggest that further optimization of PCR assays for porcine oral fluids is needed and that laboratories should not assume that methods optimized for detection of virus in serum will perform equally with porcine oral fluids...
- The development of oral fluid-based diagnostics and applications in veterinary medicineJohn R Prickett
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA, USA
Anim Health Res Rev 11:207-16. 2010..e. cow-side, sow-side or pen-side tests) and access to real-time infectious disease data will revolutionize our delivery of health management services...
- Efficient surveillance of pig populations using oral fluidsAlejandro Ramirez
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Prev Vet Med 104:292-300. 2012..Oral fluid sampling is a promising approach for increasing the efficiency and cost effectiveness of virus surveillance in swine herds...
- Porcine circovirus type 2 (PCV2)-infection and re-inoculation with homologous or heterologous strains: virological, serological, pathological and clinical effects in growing pigsTanja Opriessnig
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Vet Res 41:31. 2010..In the current study, pigs had extended viremia combined with detectable tissue PCV2 antigen levels despite the presence of high levels of anti-PCV2 antibody; however, no clinical disease was observed...
- Stability of Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus at ambient temperaturesJeffrey J Zimmerman
Veterinary Medical Research Institute Building 1, College of Veterinary Medicine, 1802 University Blvd, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1240
J Vet Diagn Invest 22:257-60. 2010..This information will be of interest to persons working in laboratory or field situations in which the control of PRRSV is important...
- Detection of anti-influenza A nucleoprotein antibodies in pigs using a commercial influenza epitope-blocking enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay developed for avian speciesJanice R Ciacci-Zanella
Virus and Prion Diseases of Livestock Research Unit, National Animal Disease Center, USDA ARS, 1920 Dayton Road, Ames, IA 50010, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 22:3-9. 2010..Overall, the assay showed excellent diagnostic performance against the range of influenza subtypes investigated and could serve as a useful screening assay for swine...