Affiliation: Iowa State University
- Green fluorescent protein--a bright idea for the study of bacterial protein localizationG J Phillips
Department of Microbiology, 207 Science I Building, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
FEMS Microbiol Lett 204:9-18. 2001....
- DraGnET: software for storing, managing and analyzing annotated draft genome sequence dataStacy Duncan
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:100. 2010....
- Synthesis and antibacterial activity of littorachalcone and related diphenyl ethersGeorge A Kraus
Department of Chemistry, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Bioorg Med Chem Lett 18:2329-32. 2008..Littorachalcone (1) and diacid 10 were synthesized by direct routes. The antibacterial activity of 1, 10 and synthetic precursors were evaluated. Dialdehyde 3a showed potent antibacterial activity...
- New cloning vectors with temperature-sensitive replicationG J Phillips
Department of Microbiology, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, 50011
Plasmid 41:78-81. 1999..These vectors have proven useful for a variety of applications where conditional replication of a recombinant plasmid is desired...
- Green fluorescent protein functions as a reporter for protein localization in Escherichia coliB J Feilmeier
Department of Microbiology, Iowa State University, Ames 50011, USA
J Bacteriol 182:4068-76. 2000..These results suggest that GFP could serve as a useful reporter for genetic analysis of bacterial protein export and of protein folding...
- Recovery of YAC-end sequences through complementation of an Escherichia coli pyrF mutationD A Wright
Department of Zoology and Genetics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 25:2679-80. 1997..coli strain with a non-reverting allele of pyrF that is also suitable for cloning (recA-, hsdR-). We demonstrate the utility of this complementation strategy to obtain right-end clones from three YACs containing Arabidopsis thaliana DNA...
- Chromosomal integration and expression of the Escherichia coli K88 gene cluster in Salmonella enterica ser. Choleraesuis strain 54 (SC54)E Lee
Department of Veterinary Microbiology and Preventive Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Vet Microbiol 83:177-83. 2001..The K88 antigens were expressed by strain SC54, and the gene cluster was stably maintained in the host...
- Functions of 4.5S RNA in the bacterial cellGregory Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..These studies should contribute to improved methods to express and localize membrane proteins of medical importance, as well as lead to the identification of antimicrobial agents. ..
- Use of dominant repressor alleles for non-antibiotic selection in Yersinia pestisGregory Phillips; Fiscal Year: 2007..pestis that will lead to a better understand its pathogenicity as well as to the production of effective vaccines, without increasing virulence. The methods described here will also be applicable to other select agents of bioterrorism. ..