Affiliation: Iowa State University
- Inverse relationship between the expression of messenger ribonucleic acid for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma and P450 side chain cleavage in the rat ovaryCarolyn M Komar
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 3150, USA
Biol Reprod 69:549-55. 2003..These findings suggest that 1) PPARgamma may regulate genes involved with follicular differentiation and 2) the decline in PPARgamma in response to LH is important for ovulation and/or luteinization...
- Localization and expression of messenger RNAs for the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors in ovarian tissue from naturally cycling and pseudopregnant ratsCarolyn M Komar
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Chandler Medical Center, University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY 40536 0293, USA
Biol Reprod 66:1531-9. 2002....
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptors (PPARs) and ovarian function--implications for regulating steroidogenesis, differentiation, and tissue remodelingCarolyn M Komar
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, 2356 Kildee Hall, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 3:41. 2005....
- Potential role for peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma in regulating luteal lifespan in the ratNicole Tinfo
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Reproduction 133:187-96. 2007..These data indicate that PPARgamma is not a major player in luteal progesterone production or metabolism but may be involved in regulating luteal lifespan...
- Initiation of the expression of peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma (PPAR gamma) in the rat ovary and the role of FSHMary J Long
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Reprod Biol Endocrinol 7:145. 2009..These data indicate that FSH is not a primary factor initiating the expression of PPARgamma and that other agents play a role in activating its expression in the ovary...
- Effects of luteinizing hormone on peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma in the rat ovary before and after the gonadotropin surgeJayeeta Banerjee
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, 2356 Kildee Hall, Ames, 50011 3150, USA
Reproduction 131:93-101. 2006..In addition, protein synthesis may be involved in modulating levels of PPARgamma in granulosa cells...
- Localization and expression of tissue inhibitor of metalloproteinase-4 in the immature gonadotropin-stimulated and adult rat ovaryKristen S Simpson
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of Kentucky, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0298, USA
Biol Reprod 68:214-21. 2003..08). These findings indicate that TIMP-4 could play an important role in regulating MMPs in a localized manner in follicles and CL throughout the cycle...
- Polarized ovaries of the long-tongued bat, Glossophaga soricina: a novel model for studying ovarian development, folliculogenesis, and ovulationCarolyn M Komar
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA
Anat Rec (Hoboken) 290:1439-48. 2007..soricina suggests that this species might be used as a model to investigate the formation, long-term maintenance, and activation of primordial follicles, and the role of the OSE in ovulation and folliculogenesis...
- Expression of messenger RNA for ADAMTS subtypes changes in the periovulatory follicle after the gonadotropin surge and during luteal development and regression in cattlePavneesh Madan
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Biol Reprod 69:1506-14. 2003....
- The function(s) and regulation of PPARs in the ovaryCarolyn Komar; Fiscal Year: 2003....