Affiliation: Iowa State University
- A matrix gene-based multiplex real-time RT-PCR for detection and differentiation of 2009 pandemic H1N1 and other influenza A viruses in North AmericaKaren Harmon
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 4:405-10. 2010..The emergence in humans of pandemic (H1N1) 2009 (pH1N1) with similarities to swine influenza viruses (SIVs) caused much concern for both human and animal health as potential for interspecies transmission was initially unknown...
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) surveillance using pre-weaning oral fluid samples detects circulation of wild-type PRRSVApisit Kittawornrat
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Vet Microbiol 168:331-9. 2014..0.98; p<0.001) S/P ratios. Overall, the study showed that pre-weaning litter oral fluid samples could provide an efficient and sensitive approach to surveil for PRRSV in infected, vaccinated, or presumed-negative pig breeding herds...
- Comparison of commercial real-time reverse transcription-PCR assays for reliable, early, and rapid detection of heterologous strains of porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in experimentally infected or noninfected boars by use of differentPriscilla F Gerber
Department of Veterinary Diagnostic and Production Animal Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa, USA
J Clin Microbiol 51:547-56. 2013..The AB assay had a 1.6-times-shorter PCR time. In summary, serum and blood swabs had the best performance with highest detection rates and agreement between assays and the shortest turnaround times...
- Influenza A pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus infection in domestic catBrett A Sponseller
College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 1248, USA
Emerg Infect Dis 16:534-7. 2010..In 2009, pandemic (H1N1) 2009 infection in a domestic cat from Iowa was diagnosed by a novel PCR assay that distinguishes between Eurasian and North American pandemic (H1N1) 2009 virus matrix genes. Human-to-cat transmission is presumed...
- Comparison of RNA extraction and real-time reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction methods for the detection of Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus in porcine oral fluid specimensWayne A Chittick
Veterinary Diagnostic Laboratory, College of Veterinary Medicine, Iowa State University, 1600 South 16th Street, Ames, IA 50011 1250, USA
J Vet Diagn Invest 23:248-53. 2011..The results suggest that further optimization of PCR assays for porcine oral fluids is needed and that laboratories should not assume that methods optimized for detection of virus in serum will perform equally with porcine oral fluids...