A L Carriquiry
Affiliation: Iowa State University
- Assessing the prevalence of nutrient inadequacyA L Carriquiry
Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames 50011 1210, USA
Public Health Nutr 2:23-33. 1999..To describe an approach for assessing the prevalence of nutrient inadequacy in a group, using daily intake data and the new Estimated Average Requirement (EAR)...
- Estimation of usual intake distributions of nutrients and foodsAlicia L Carriquiry
Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011 1210, USA
J Nutr 133:601S-8S. 2003..The replicated 24-h recalls should be augmented with a propensity questionnaire to improve on the estimation of intake distributions for infrequently consumed nutrients, supplements and food items...
- Evaluation of dietary intake data using the tolerable upper intake levelsAlicia L Carriquiry
Department of Statistics, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Nutr 136:507S-513S. 2006..Underreporting of the amount of nutrients consumed will tend to shift the estimated usual nutrient intake distribution downwards. In this case, the true proportion of individuals with intakes below the UL is likely to be overestimated...
- US youths in the early stages of HIV disease have low intakes of some micronutrients important for optimal immune functionLaurie A Kruzich
Department of Food Science and Human Nutrition, Iowa State University, Ames, USA
J Am Diet Assoc 104:1095-101. 2004..We examined the association between micronutrient intakes and human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection in youths who were at increased nutritional risk because of the demands of growth and disease as well as poor dietary habits...
- Gene expression patterns during somatic embryo development and germination in maize Hi II callus culturesPing Che
Plant Sciences Institute, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
Plant Mol Biol 62:1-14. 2006....
- Validation of a computerized 24-hour physical activity recall (24PAR) instrument with pattern-recognition activity monitorsMiguel A Calabro
Department of Kinesiology, Iowa State University, Ames, IA 50011, USA
J Phys Act Health 6:211-20. 2009..The purpose of this study was to examine the validity of a computerized 24-hour physical activity recall instrument (24PAR)...