David R Piper
Affiliation: Invitrogen Corporation
- Development of the predictor HERG fluorescence polarization assay using a membrane protein enrichment approachDavid R Piper
Invitrogen Discovery Sciences, Madison, WI 53719, USA
Assay Drug Dev Technol 6:213-23. 2008..This strategy enabled the Predictor (Invitrogen, Carlsbad, CA) hERG fluorescence polarization assay and should be useful in the development of other fluorescence polarization-based assays that use membrane proteins...
- Voltage sensing and activation gating of HCN pacemaker channelsJun Chen
Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiology and Eccles Program in Human Molecular Biology and Genetics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84112-5330, USA
Trends Cardiovasc Med 12:42-5. 2002..However, unlike most other channels channel, opening occurs in response to membrane hyperpolarization rather than depolarization...
- Regional specificity of human ether-a'-go-go-related gene channel activation and inactivation gatingDavid R Piper
Department of Physiology, Nora Eccles Harrison Cardiovascular Research and Training Institute, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 84112, USA
J Biol Chem 280:7206-17. 2005..These results define regions on the S4 voltage sensor that contribute differentially to hERG activation and inactivation gating...
- Voltage sensor movement in the hERG K+ channelDavid R Piper
Department of Physiology, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 84113, USA
Novartis Found Symp 266:46-52; discussion 52-6, 95-9. 2005..We conclude that S4 acts as the voltage sensor for hERG activation and inactivation and that S4 movement is translated to the activation gate via the S4-S5 linker...
- The S4-S5 linker directly couples voltage sensor movement to the activation gate in the human ether-a'-go-go-related gene (hERG) K+ channelTania Ferrer
Department of Pediatrics, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah 94113, USA
J Biol Chem 281:12858-64. 2006..Moreover, rather than functioning simply as a mechanical lever, these findings imply that specific interactions between the S4-S5 linker and the activation gate stabilize the closed channel conformation...