Frederick R Taylor
Affiliation: International Diabetes Center
- Weight change associated with the use of migraine-preventive medicationsFrederick R Taylor
Park Nicollet Headache Clinic and Research Center and the University of Minnesota School of Medicine, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55426, USA
Clin Ther 30:1069-80. 2008..Weight gain should be of particular concern in patients with migraine, as there is evidence that overweight and obese patients with migraine are at risk for an increased frequency and severity of migraine attacks...
- Clinical aspects of perimenstrual headachesFrederick R Taylor
Park Nicollet Health Services, E 500 Meadowbrook Building, 6490 Excelsior Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55426, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 13:75-81. 2009..For the preventive mini-prophylactic treatment of MRM, grade B recommendations are provided for transcutaneous estrogen (1.5 mg), frovatriptan (2.5 mg twice daily), and naratriptan (1 mg twice daily)...
- Acute treatment of migraine headachesFrederick R Taylor
Headache Clinic and Research Center, Park Nicollet Health Services, Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA
Semin Neurol 30:145-53. 2010..Employ a thoroughly educated patient, formulary, testimonials, stratification, and rational cotherapy against the race to central sensitization for optimum outcomes...
- Symptomatic treatment of migraine: when to use NSAIDs, triptans, or opiatesFrederick R Taylor
Park Nicollet Headache Center, W505 Meadowbrook Building, 3931 Louisiana Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN, 55426, USA
Curr Treat Options Neurol 13:15-27. 2011..Consider rescue or back-up therapy. Do not use compounds containing butalbital or opiates (or place extreme limits on them), out of concern for progression to chronic migraine...
- Headache and Chiari I malformation: clinical presentation, diagnosis, and controversies in managementFrederick R Taylor
Park Nicollet Headache Clinic and Research Center, 3800 Park Nicollet Drive, Minneapolis, MN 55426, USA
Curr Pain Headache Rep 6:331-7. 2002....
- Diagnosis and classification of headacheFrederick R Taylor
Department of Neurology, University of Minnesota School of Medicine, 421 Delaware Street SE, Minneapolis, MN 55404, USA
Prim Care 31:243-59, v. 2004..A consensus-based, practical, rapid, six essential-question screening technique is outlined...
- Migraine headache: options for acute treatmentFrederick R Taylor
Headache Clinic and Research Center, Park Nicollet Health Services, 6490 Excelsior Boulevard, Minneapolis, MN 55426, USA
Curr Neurol Neurosci Rep 5:86-92. 2005..Migraine-specific therapy best wins the race against time and allodynia. Employing this formulary, multiple triptan formulations and phase and stratified patient-centered therapy creates success...
- Understanding the headache patient with complex psychiatric comorbidities: a neurologist's perspectiveFrederick R Taylor
Park Nicollet Health Services, Headache Clinic and Research Center, Minneapolis, MN, USA
Headache 46:S163-5. 2006