Russell R Miller
Affiliation: Intermountain Medical Center
- Multicenter implementation of a severe sepsis and septic shock treatment bundleRussell R Miller
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Intermountain Healthcare, Murray, UT, USA
Am J Respir Crit Care Med 188:77-82. 2013..Severe sepsis and septic shock are leading causes of intensive care unit (ICU) admission, morbidity, and mortality. The effect of compliance with sepsis management guidelines on outcomes is unclear...
- Clinical findings and demographic factors associated with ICU admission in Utah due to novel 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infectionRussell R Miller
Intermountain Medical Center, T4S, Respiratory Intensive Care Unit, 5121 S Cottonwood St, Murray, UT 84107, USA
Chest 137:752-8. 2010..Novel 2009 influenza A(H1N1) infection has significantly affected ICUs. We sought to characterize our region's clinical findings and demographic associations with ICU admission due to novel A(H1N1)...
- Survival after shock requiring high-dose vasopressor therapySamuel M Brown
Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Intermountain Medical Center, Murray, UT 84107, USA
Chest 143:664-71. 2013..We sought to characterize survival among patients with shock requiring HDV. We also evaluated the possible utility of stress-dose corticosteroid therapy in these patients...
- Physical therapy on the wards after early physical activity and mobility in the intensive care unitRamona O Hopkins
Department of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care, Intermountain Medical Center, 5121 S Cottonwood St, Murray, UT 84107, USA
Phys Ther 92:1518-23. 2012..Weakness and debilitation are common following critical illness. Studies that assess whether early physical activity initiated in the intensive care unit (ICU) continues after a patient is transferred to a ward are lacking...
- Fluid management with a simplified conservative protocol for the acute respiratory distress syndrome*Colin K Grissom
1Division of Critical Care Medicine, Intermountain Medical Center, Murray, UT 2Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 3Division of Pediatric Critical Care, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 4College of Pharmacy, University of Utah, Salt Lake City, UT 5Division of Nephrology, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 6Division of Critical Care Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 7Biostatistics Center, Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA 8Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, Baystate Medical Center, Springfield, MA 9Respiratory Institute, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH 10Department of Anesthesiology, University of Maryland, Baltimore, MD
Crit Care Med 43:288-95. 2015..The objective of this study was to compare the performance of FACTT Lite, FACTT Conservative, and FACTT Liberal protocols...
- Culture of early mobility in mechanically ventilated patientsPolly P Bailey
Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine, LDS Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT, USA
Crit Care Med 37:S429-35. 2009....
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in adults with acute respiratory distress syndromeEliotte Hirshberg
Pulmonary and Critical Care Divisions, Departments of Medicine, Intermountain Healthcare Urban Central, Murray, Utah 84157 7000, USA
Curr Opin Crit Care 19:38-43. 2013..To evaluate the last 2 years' publications for evidence supporting use of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) for critically ill adults with acute respiratory distress syndrome (ARDS)...