Andrew S Peek
Affiliation: Integrated DNA Technologies
- Improving model predictions for RNA interference activities that use support vector machine regression by combining and filtering featuresAndrew S Peek
Department of Bioinformatics, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc, Coralville, IA 52241, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:182. 2007..To dissect the factors that result in effective siRNA sequences a regression kernel Support Vector Machine (SVM) approach was used to quantitatively model RNA interference activities...
- Comparing artificial neural networks, general linear models and support vector machines in building predictive models for small interfering RNAsKyle A McQuisten
Department of Bioinformatics, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc, Coralville, Iowa, United States of America
PLoS ONE 4:e7522. 2009..Also, there are few comparative studies that address what the effect of choosing learning technique, feature set or cross validation approach has on finding and discriminating among predictive models...
- Identification of sequence motifs significantly associated with antisense activityKyle A McQuisten
Department of Bioinformatics, Integrated DNA Technologies, Coralville, IA 52241, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 8:184. 2007....
- IDT SciTools: a suite for analysis and design of nucleic acid oligomersRichard Owczarzy
Department of Molecular Genetics and Biophysics, Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc, 1710 Commercial Park, Coralville, IA 52241, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 36:W163-9. 2008..The latest, most accurate thermodynamic algorithms and models are implemented. This free software is available at http://www.idtdna.com/SciTools/SciTools.aspx...
- Marsupial-specific microRNAs evolved from marsupial-specific transposable elementsEric J Devor
Molecular Genetics and Bioinformatics, Integrated DNA Technologies, Coralville, IA 52241, USA
Gene 448:187-91. 2009..These findings reinforce the view that transposable elements are a previously unappreciated source of new, lineage-specific microRNAs...
- Design of active small interfering RNAsAndrew S Peek
Integrated DNA Technologies Inc, 1710 Commercial Park, Coralville, IA 52241, USA
Curr Opin Mol Ther 9:110-8. 2007..In addition to rational design criteria, chemical modification of the RNA can improve function by improving stability, reducing the potential for off-target effects and avoiding stimulation of the innate immune system...
- Population genetics of duplicated disease-defense genes, hm1 and hm2, in maize (Zea mays ssp. mays L.) and its wild ancestor (Zea mays ssp. parviglumis)Liqing Zhang
Department of Ecology and Evolutionary Biology, University of California, Irvine 92697, USA
Genetics 162:851-60. 2002..Both defense genes retain >80% of the level of genetic variation in maize relative to the wild ancestor, and this level is similar to other maize genes that were not subject to artificial selection during domestication...
- Nox2-containing NADPH oxidase and Akt activation play a key role in angiotensin II-induced cardiomyocyte hypertrophyShawn D Hingtgen
Department of Anatomy and Cell Biology, The Free Radical and Radiation Biology Program, Roy J and Lucille A Carver College of Medicine, The University of Iowa, Iowa City, Iowa 52242, USA
Physiol Genomics 26:180-91. 2006....
- Support Vector Machine modeling software for improving RNAi efficacy predictionANDREW PEEK; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..