Affiliation: Institute of Medicine
- Papanicolaou test use among reproductive-age women at high risk for cervical cancer: analyses of the 1995 National Survey of Family GrowthMaria Hewitt
Institute of Medicine, National Cancer Policy Board, 2101 Constitution Avenue, Washington, DC 20418, USA
Am J Public Health 92:666-9. 2002..This study assessed the relationship between risk factors for cervical cancer and Papanicolaou (Pap) test use within the past year among reproductive-age women...
- Cancer prevalence and survivorship issues: analyses of the 1992 National Health Interview SurveyM Hewitt
Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 91:1480-6. 1999..To explore these issues, we analyzed cancer survivorship information from the 1992 National Health Interview Survey (NHIS), and resulting cancer prevalence estimates were compared with those derived from cancer registry data...
- Mental health service use among adult cancer survivors: analyses of the National Health Interview SurveyMaria Hewitt
National Cancer Policy Board, Institute of Medicine, Washington, DC 20001, USA
J Clin Oncol 20:4581-90. 2002..Analyses were conducted to obtain national estimates of mental health service use, unmet need for such services, and the prevalence of mental health problems among individuals reporting a cancer history...
- Cancer survivors in the United States: age, health, and disabilityMaria Hewitt
National Cancer Policy Board, Institute of Medicine, Washington, District of Columbia 20418, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 58:82-91. 2003..Relatively little is known about the health and disability of adult cancer survivors. As a way to explore these issues, data from the National Health Interview Survey (years 1998-2000) were analyzed...
- Cervical cancer screening among U.S. women: analyses of the 2000 National Health Interview SurveyMaria Hewitt
National Cancer Policy Board, Institute of Medicine, National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC 20001, USA
Prev Med 39:270-8. 2004..Cervical cancer screening is not fully utilized among all groups of women in the United States, especially women without access to health care and older women...
- Policy issues related to the rehabilitation of the surgical cancer patientMaria Hewitt
Institute of Medicine, The National Academies, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
J Surg Oncol 95:370-85. 2007....
- Cancer survivorship: a new challenge in delivering quality cancer careJulia H Rowland
Division of Cancer Control and Population Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:5101-4. 2006
- Cancer Quality Alliance: Blueprint for a better cancer care systemChristopher Rose
Department of Radiation Oncology, Valley Radiotherapy Associates Medical Group, Manhattan Beach, CA, USA
CA Cancer J Clin 58:266-92. 2008..Health care quality may be judged according to its safety, effectiveness, patient-centeredness, timeliness, efficiency, and equity...