Affiliation: Institute for Advanced Study
- Breast cancer prognosis by combinatorial analysis of gene expression dataGabriela Alexe
RUTCOR Rutgers University Center for Operations Research, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Breast Cancer Res 8:R41. 2006....
- Ovarian cancer detection by logical analysis of proteomic dataGabriela Alexe
Rutgers Center for Operations Research, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
Proteomics 4:766-83. 2004....
- Identification of the YES1 Kinase as a Therapeutic Target in Basal-Like Breast CancersErhan Bilal
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, Piscataway, NJ, USA
Genes Cancer 1:1063-73. 2010..We found that YES1 downregulation has a significant effect on the survival of these cell lines. Our results identify YES1 as a target for therapeutics in a subset of basal-like breast cancers...
- Lactase persistence and lipid pathway selection in the MaasaiKshitij Wagh
Department of Physics, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e44751. 2012..Overall, our study identified several specific genomic regions under selection in the Maasai which contain polymorphisms in genes associated with lactase persistence and cholesterol regulation...
- Mitochondrial DNA haplogroup D4a is a marker for extreme longevity in JapanErhan Bilal
BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers University, Piscataway, New Jersey, United States of America
PLoS ONE 3:e2421. 2008..The fact that the correlations are from the population structure suggests that hitch-hiking on autosomal events is a possible explanation for the observed correlations...
- Identifying mRNA targets of microRNA dysregulated in cancer: with application to clear cell Renal Cell CarcinomaHuiqing Liu
BioMaPS Institute, Rutgers University, Piscataway, NJ 08854, USA
BMC Syst Biol 4:51. 2010..Putative mRNA targets of microRNA identified from seed sequence matches are available in many databases. However, such matches have a high false positive rate and cannot identify tissue specificity of regulation...