Michael J Sheridan
Affiliation: Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Pistachio nut consumption and serum lipid levelsMichael J Sheridan
Department of Medicine, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA 22042 3300, USA
J Am Coll Nutr 26:141-8. 2007..We studied the effects of consuming 15% of the daily caloric intake in the form of pistachio nuts on the lipid profiles of free-living human subjects with primary, moderate hypercholesterolemia (serum cholesterol greater than 210 mg/dL)...
- Supplemental oxygen during moderate sedation and the occurrence of clinically significant desaturation during endoscopic proceduresLorraine Rozario
Gastroenterology Laboratory, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, Virginia 22042, USA
Gastroenterol Nurs 31:281-5. 2008....
- Characterization of cerebral aneurysms for assessing risk of rupture by using patient-specific computational hemodynamics modelsJuan R Cebral
Department of Radiology, Inova Fairfax Hospital, Falls Church, VA 22042, USA
AJNR Am J Neuroradiol 26:2550-9. 2005..This report describes a pilot clinical study of the association between intra-aneurysmal hemodynamic characteristics from computational fluid dynamic models and the rupture of cerebral aneurysms...
- Selective mutism: are primary care physicians missing the silence?Richard H Schwartz
Department of Pediatrics, Inova Fairfax Hospital for Children, Falls Church, VA, USA
Clin Pediatr (Phila) 45:43-8. 2006..Behavioral modification, pharmacotherapy with SSRIs, and early intervention are viable treatment options. Early diagnosis is key to preventing long-term effects of this condition...
- Epidemiological aspects of the surgical correction of structural forefoot pathologyAndrew J Meyr
Inova Fairfax Hospital, Podiatric Surgical Residency Office, Falls Church, VA 20042, USA
J Foot Ankle Surg 48:543-51. 2009..27, 95% CI 0.20-0.37, P < .0001). The concept of flexor hallucis longus stabilization is introduced as a possible mechanical explanation for these results...