J Alexander Cole
Affiliation: Ingenix Epidemiology
- The effect of zanamivir treatment on influenza complications: a retrospective cohort studyJ Alexander Cole
Epidemiology and Safety Research Division, Riverside Center, Ingenix, Inc, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Clin Ther 24:1824-39. 2002..Complications of influenza are a major cause of morbidity and mortality during the influenza season. Clinical trials of zanamivir have reported a reduced incidence of influenza complications among high-risk patients...
- Risk for respiratory events in a cohort of patients receiving inhaled zanamivir: a retrospective studyJeanne E Loughlin
Epidemiology and Safety Research Division, Ingenix, Inc, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Clin Ther 24:1786-99. 2002..Inhaled zanamivir is indicated for treatment of uncomplicated acute illness due to influenza A and B viruses in patients aged > or = 12 years who have been symptomatic for no more than 2 days...
- Venous thromboembolism, myocardial infarction, and stroke among transdermal contraceptive system usersJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, Massachusetts, USA
Obstet Gynecol 109:339-46. 2007....
- Paroxetine in the first trimester and the prevalence of congenital malformationsJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, MA, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:1075-85. 2007..To refine a preliminary analysis identifying a possibly increased prevalence of malformations among infants born to women exposed to paroxetine in the first trimester...
- Drug copayment and adherence in chronic heart failure: effect on cost and outcomesJ Alexander Cole
Division of Epidemiology, i3 Drug Safety, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Pharmacotherapy 26:1157-64. 2006..To measure the association among prescription copayment, drug adherence, and subsequent health outcomes among patients with chronic heart failure (CHF)...
- The incidence of abdominal and pelvic surgery among patients with irritable bowel syndromeJ Alexander Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Ingenix, Riverside Center 3 120, 275 Grove Street, Auburndale, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Dig Dis Sci 50:2268-75. 2005..Patients with IBS have an increased risk for abdominopelvic and gallbladder surgery and, thus, an associated risk for experiencing morbidity and mortality associated with these surgical procedures...
- Occurrence of colon ischemia in relation to irritable bowel syndromeJ Alexander Cole
Ingenix Epidemiology, Newton, Massachusetts 02466, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 99:486-91. 2004..S. market in part because of the occurrence of colon ischemia in treated patients. Since the relation between colon ischemia and IBS is poorly understood, we evaluated the incidence of colon ischemia among people with and without IBS...
- Severe vascular events in migraine patientsPriscilla Velentgas
Ingenix Epidemiology, Auburndale, MA 02466, USA
Headache 44:642-51. 2004..To estimate rates of vascular events in relation to dispensing of triptans and ergot alkaloids among migraineurs, and to compare these rates with those of nonmigraineurs...
- Long-term clinical outcomes in type 1 Gaucher disease following 10 years of imiglucerase treatmentNeal J Weinreb
University Research Foundation for Lysosomal Storage Diseases, Inc, Northwest Oncology Hematology Associates PA, Coral Springs, FL 33065, USA
J Inherit Metab Dis 36:543-53. 2013..We studied the effect of long-term alglucerase/imiglucerase (Ceredase®/Cerezyme®, Genzyme, a Sanofi company, Cambridge, MA, USA) treatment on hematological, visceral, and bone manifestations of Gaucher disease type 1 (GD1)...
- Bupropion in pregnancy and the prevalence of congenital malformationsJ Alexander Cole
i3 Drug Safety, Epidemiology, Auburndale, MA 02466, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 16:474-84. 2007..We conducted a study of congenital malformations among infants born to women exposed to bupropion during their first trimester...
- Migraine, fibromyalgia, and depression among people with IBS: a prevalence studyJ Alexander Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston MA, USA
BMC Gastroenterol 6:26. 2006..Case descriptions suggest IBS patients are more likely to have other disorders, including migraine, fibromyalgia, and depression. We sought to examine the prevalence of these conditions in cohorts of people with and without IBS...
- Incidence of IBS in a cohort of people with asthmaJ Alexander Cole
Department of Epidemiology, Boston University School of Public Health, Boston, MA, USA
Dig Dis Sci 52:329-35. 2007..0; 95% CI, 0.9-1.1.) Misclassification of IBS would have biased the rate ratio toward the null. We observed a small increase in IBS among people with asthma, and no association between oral steroids and IBS onset among asthma patients...
- Algorithms to identify colonic ischemia, complications of constipation and irritable bowel syndrome in medical claims data: development and validationBruce E Sands
Gastrointestinal Unit, Massachusetts General Hospital and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Pharmacoepidemiol Drug Saf 15:47-56. 2006..This report describes the development and validation of claims-based algorithms to identify colonic ischemia, hospitalized complications of constipation, and irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)...
- Prevalence of serious eosinophilia and incidence of Churg-Strauss syndrome in a cohort of asthma patientsJeanne E Loughlin
Ingenix Epidemiology Division, Newton Massachusetts 02466, USA
Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol 88:319-25. 2002..Some leukotriene receptor antagonists, such as zafirlukast and montelukast, have been associated with systemic eosinophilia, with interest focused on Churg-Strauss syndrome (CSS)...