Mary Norine Walsh
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Lack of association between electronic health record systems and improvement in use of evidence-based heart failure therapies in outpatient cardiology practicesMary Norine Walsh
The Care Group, St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, Indianapolis, Indiana 46260, USA
Clin Cardiol 35:187-96. 2012..Electronic health record systems (EHR) are expected to facilitate higher quality patient care; however, studies evaluating EHR effectiveness in improving care have yielded mixed results...
- Advanced heart failure and transplantation in womenMary Norine Walsh
The Care Group, LLC, 8333 Naab Road, Suite 400, Indianapolis, IN 46260, USA
Curr Cardiol Rep 7:184-9. 2005..Future research on therapies for HF will need to target women for enrollment, and all data analysis should include results that are stratified by sex...
- Electronic health records and quality of care for heart failureMary Norine Walsh
The Care Group, LLC, Indianapolis, IN 46260, USA
Am Heart J 159:635-642.e1. 2010..Electronic health records (EHRs) are considered an important technology to improve the quality of health care, yet few data exist regarding their effect on delivery of evidence-based care in the outpatient setting...
- Equitable improvement for women and men in the use of guideline-recommended therapies for heart failure: findings from IMPROVE HFMary Norine Walsh
St Vincent Heart Center of Indiana, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Card Fail 16:940-9. 2010....
- Anti-thrombotic strategies for patients with atrial fibrillation and heart failureMary Norine Walsh
The Care Group, LLC
Heart Fail Rev 7:261-6. 2002..Stroke risk can be markedly reduced by treatment with warfarin and complications of anticoagulation minimized by close attention to maintaining the INR between 2.0 and 3.0...
- Randomized trial of a daily electronic home monitoring system in patients with advanced heart failure: the Weight Monitoring in Heart Failure (WHARF) trialLee R Goldberg
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Heart Failure and Cardiac Transplant Program, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Am Heart J 146:705-12. 2003....
- New heart guidelines for women. Specific prevention strategies depend on your current riskMary Norine Walsh
Health News 10:8-9. 2004
- Outcomes by gender in the African-American Heart Failure TrialAnne L Taylor
Department of Medicine, University of Minnesota, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 48:2263-7. 2006..We therefore compared outcomes by gender and treatment...
- Improving the use of evidence-based heart failure therapies in the outpatient setting: the IMPROVE HF performance improvement registryGregg C Fonarow
Department of Medicine, Ahmanson UCLA Cardiomyopathy Center, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1679, USA
Am Heart J 154:12-38. 2007..Deidentified clinical data from the medical records of a planned 43,000 patients from 160 US cardiology practices will be included in this study...