Vladimir N Uversky
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Uversky V. Amyloidogenesis of natively unfolded proteins. Curr Alzheimer Res. 2008;5:260-87 pubmed..e., partial folding rather than unfolding. In this review recent findings are surveyed to illustrate some unique features of the natively unfolded proteins amyloidogenesis. ..
- Uversky V, Oldfield C, Dunker A. Intrinsically disordered proteins in human diseases: introducing the D2 concept. Annu Rev Biophys. 2008;37:215-46 pubmed publisher..From these and other examples, novel strategies for drug discovery based on IDPs have been developed. To summarize work in this area, we are introducing the D2 (disorder in disorders) concept. ..
- Uversky V, Oldfield C, Midic U, Xie H, Xue B, Vucetic S, et al. Unfoldomics of human diseases: linking protein intrinsic disorder with diseases. BMC Genomics. 2009;10 Suppl 1:S7 pubmed publisher....
- Ren S, Uversky V, Chen Z, Dunker A, Obradovic Z. Short Linear Motifs recognized by SH2, SH3 and Ser/Thr Kinase domains are conserved in disordered protein regions. BMC Genomics. 2008;9 Suppl 2:S26 pubmed publisher..The correlation between SLiM conservation with disorder prediction demonstrates that functional SLiMs recognized by each domain occur more often in disordered as compared to structured regions of proteins. ..
- Dunker A, Oldfield C, Meng J, Romero P, Yang J, Chen J, et al. The unfoldomics decade: an update on intrinsically disordered proteins. BMC Genomics. 2008;9 Suppl 2:S1 pubmed publisher..Study of these examples has led to a new approach for drug discovery, and bioinformatics analysis of the human proteome suggests that various disease-associated proteins are very rich in such disorder-based drug discovery targets. ..
- Uversky V, Dunker A. Understanding protein non-folding. Biochim Biophys Acta. 2010;1804:1231-64 pubmed publisher..about intrinsic disorder? What are the functional advantages of disordered proteins/regions? What is the functional repertoire of these proteins? What are the relationships between intrinsically disordered proteins and human diseases? ..
- Uversky V, Shah S, Gritsyna Y, Hitchcock Degregori S, Kostyukova A. Systematic analysis of tropomodulin/tropomyosin interactions uncovers fine-tuned binding specificity of intrinsically disordered proteins. J Mol Recognit. 2011;24:647-55 pubmed publisher..Knowing the residues responsible for isoform-specific affinity creates a tool suitable for studying the influence of Tmod/TM interactions on sarcomere assembly in muscle cells or actin dynamics in non-muscle cells. ..