Affiliation: Indiana University
- Negative symptoms and concomitant attention deficits in schizophrenia: associations with prospective assessments of anxiety, social dysfunction, and avoidant copingJack Tsai
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Ment Health 19:184-92. 2010..A previous study identified a subgroup of patients with schizophrenia who had both higher levels of negative symptoms and relatively poorer attentional function who had uniquely lower self-esteem and greater internalized stigma...
- Housing preferences and choices among adults with mental illness and substance use disorders: a qualitative studyJack Tsai
Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Community Ment Health J 46:381-8. 2010..Common barriers to obtaining desired housing were lack of income and information. These findings have implications for supported housing models and approaches to providing housing for clients...
- A comparison of electronic records to paper records in mental health centersJack Tsai
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Int J Qual Health Care 20:136-43. 2008..The current study examined whether electronic medical records provide medication documentation that is more complete and faster to retrieve than traditional paper records...
- Recovery orientation in hospital and community settingsJack Tsai
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis, 402 N Blackford Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Behav Health Serv Res 37:385-99. 2010..Staff at state hospitals scored significantly lower on all three recovery measures even after controlling for background differences. Treatment setting may be an important factor in the dissemination of recovery-oriented care principles...
- Decrements in sustained attention across trials in a continuous performance test: associations with social functioning in schizophreniaPaul H Lysaker
Roudebush VA Medical Center, Day Hospital 116H, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Nerv Ment Dis 198:154-8. 2010..No differences were found between groups for assessments of coping or between participants who showed a declining vs non-declining reaction time...
- Clinical and psychological correlates of two domains of hopelessness in schizophreniaPaul H Lysaker
Richard L Roudebush Department of Veterans Affairs VA Medical Center VAMC, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 45:911-9. 2008..Implications for research and interventions are discussed...
- Suspiciousness and low self-esteem as predictors of misattributions of anger in schizophrenia spectrum disordersPaul Henry Lysaker
Day Hospital 116H, 1481 West 10th Street, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Psychiatry Res 166:125-31. 2009..Implications for addressing the misattributions of anger in schizophrenia are discussed...
- Negative symptoms and concordant impairments in attention in schizophrenia: associations with social functioning, hope, self-esteem and internalized stigmaPaul H Lysaker
Roudebush VA Medical Center, Day Hospital 116H, 1481 West 10th St, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Schizophr Res 110:165-72. 2009..Implications for research and treatment are discussed...
- Narrative accounts of illness in schizophrenia: association of different forms of awareness with neurocognition and social function over timePaul H Lysaker
Department of Psychiatry, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Day Hospital 116H, 1481 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Conscious Cogn 17:1143-51. 2008..These results suggest assessing the narrative qualities of awareness of illness may reveal unique links with cognition and function, and this may have implications for interventions...
- Measuring recovery orientation in a hospital settingMichelle P Salyers
Department of Psychology, Indiana University Purdue University, Indianapolis, USA
Psychiatr Rehabil J 31:131-7. 2007..The RSA may be a reliable and valid measure of recovery orientation that can be used to assess a variety of mental health programs...
- Staff turnover in statewide implementation of ACT: relationship with ACT fidelity and other team characteristicsAngela L Rollins
Department of Psychology, ACT Center of Indiana, Indiana University Purdue University Indianapolis IUPUI, Indianapolis, IN 46204, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 37:417-26. 2010..For 13 teams with 3 years of follow-up data, turnover rates did not change over time. Most ACT staff turnover rates were comparable or better than other turnover rates reported in the mental health and substance abuse literature...
- Associations of multiple domains of self-esteem with four dimensions of stigma in schizophreniaPaul H Lysaker
Day Hospital 116H, 1481 West 10th St, Roudebush VA Medical Center, Indianapolis Indiana 46202, Indiana University School of Medicine, United States
Schizophr Res 98:194-200. 2008..A sense of being able to influence others was linked to both the absence of discrimination experiences and the ability to ward off stigma. Implications for treatment are discussed...
- Scales to evaluate quality of medication management: development and psychometric propertiesAmanda C Taylor
Department of Psychology, Indiana University, 402 N Blackford St, LD 124, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 36:247-54. 2009..Fundamental gaps in routine practice, including poor documentation of medication history and infrequent monitoring of symptoms and side effects were found...
- Development of a scale to assess practitioner knowledge in providing integrated dual disorders treatmentMichelle P Salyers
ACT Center of Indiana, Roudebush VA Medical Center, 1481 West 10th Street 11H, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Adm Policy Ment Health 34:570-81. 2007..Higher scores on the scale were correlated with greater education, but not greater experience or lower burnout. This test is a promising tool for assessing provider knowledge of a specific evidence-based practice...