Affiliation: Indiana University
- How much guidance is given in the operating room? Factors influencing faculty self-reports, resident perceptions, and faculty/resident agreementLaura Torbeck
Department of Surgery, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN Electronic address
Surgery 156:797-803. 2014..The purpose of this study was to explore attending surgeon guidance practices in the operating room as reported by faculty members themselves and by junior and senior residents...
- Is our residency program successful? Structuring an outcomes assessment system as a component of program evaluationLaura Torbeck
Department of Surgery, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana Electronic address
J Surg Educ 71:73-8. 2014..In an attempt to better define the success of our residency program with regard to resident development, we committed to develop an ongoing assessment of residency performance and devised an outcomes assessment system...
- How to recruit, retain, and reap the rewards of working with PhD/EdD educators in surgeryLaura Torbeck
Department of Surgery, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Surg Educ 70:212-6. 2013..Professional educators typically assist chairpersons and program directors by positively impacting the education, research, and service missions...
- Enhancing programme evaluation using the Audience Response SystemLaura Torbeck
Department of Surgery, Indiana University, 545 Barnhill Drive, Emerson Hall 202, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Med Educ 41:1088-9. 2007
- Remediation practices for surgery residentsLaura Torbeck
Department of Surgery, Indiana University, Indianapolis IN 46202, USA
Am J Surg 197:397-402. 2009..This study sought to determine to what extent surgery programs are remediating residents who fail to achieve competency and to offer remediation strategies...
- Incorporating an HPB fellowship does not diminish surgical residents' HPB experience in a high-volume training centreNicholas J Zyromski
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
HPB (Oxford) 12:123-8. 2010..We hypothesized that incorporation of a HPB fellowship in a high-volume clinical training programme would not detract from residents' HPB experience...
- The current status of medical genetics instruction in US and Canadian medical schoolsVirginia Carol Thurston
Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Acad Med 82:441-5. 2007..This study sought to document the current state of medical genetics education in U.S. and Canadian accredited medical schools...
- Practice-based learning and improvement: a curriculum in continuous quality improvement for surgery residentsDavid F Canal
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Arch Surg 142:479-82; discussion 482-3. 2007..Surgery residents can learn continuous quality improvement (CQI) principles within a structured curriculum and propose quality improvement projects...
- A method for defining competency-based promotion criteria for family medicine residentsLaura Torbeck
Department of Surgery, Indiana University School of Medicine, 244 Emerson Hall, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Acad Med 80:832-9. 2005..The authors describe the initial use of the promotion criteria, including how the faculty and residents responded to it...
- Ethics education in surgical residency programs: a review of the literaturePaul R Helft
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Surg Educ 66:35-42. 2009....
- Integrating experiential learning in complementary and alternative medicineLaura Torbeck
K302 Kentucky Clinic, Lexington, Kentucky 40536 0284, USA
Med Educ 38:1195-6. 2004