Affiliation: Indiana University
- Profiling of differentially expressed apoptosis-related genes by cDNA arrays in human cord blood CD34+ cells treated with etoposideWen Tao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Ind 46202 5254, USA
Exp Hematol 31:251-60. 2003..Here we sought to systematically evaluate the basic molecular components and main pathways that govern and mediate cellular response initiated within human CD34(+) cells to etoposide-induced apoptosis...
- Comparative proteomic analysis of human CD34+ stem/progenitor cells and mature CD15+ myeloid cellsWen Tao
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 950 West Walnut Street, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Stem Cells 22:1003-14. 2004....
- Enhanced green fluorescent protein is a nearly ideal long-term expression tracer for hematopoietic stem cells, whereas DsRed-express fluorescent protein is notWen Tao
Microbiology and Immunology, Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, 950 West Walnut Street, Room 302, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Stem Cells 25:670-8. 2007..Therefore, EGFP has no detectable deteriorative effects on HSCs, and is nearly an ideal long-term expression tracer for hematopoietic cells; however, DsRed-Express fluorescent protein is not suitable for these cells...
- Identification of parameters required for efficient lentiviral vector transduction and engraftment of human cord blood CD34(+) NOD/SCID-repopulating cellsYing Liu
Department of Microbiology and Immunology and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Exp Hematol 36:947-56. 2008..To optimize culture and transduction conditions, we compared various lengths of time for prestimulation before transduction, transduction duration, and posttransduction cell culture...
- Overexpression of Rheb2 enhances mouse hematopoietic progenitor cell growth while impairing stem cell repopulationTimothy B Campbell
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Walther Oncology Center, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5181, USA
Blood 114:3392-401. 2009..These results may have value in elucidating mechanisms controlling the balance between proliferation and repopulating ability, a finding of importance in clinical uses of HPCs/HSCs...
- Regulation of myeloid progenitor cell proliferation/survival by IL-31 receptor and IL-31Hal E Broxmeyer
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, and the Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5181, USA
Exp Hematol 35:78-86. 2007..Because OSM-Rbeta-deficient animals have reduced hematopoietic progenitor cells (HPC) and OSM has effects on and is involved in homeostasis of HPC, we studied whether IL-31 and IL-31R play a role in hematopoiesis...
- In situ three-dimensional reconstruction of mouse heart sympathetic innervation by two-photon excitation fluorescence imagingKim Freeman
Riley Heart Research Center Wells, Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, 1044 West Walnut Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, United States
J Neurosci Methods 221:48-61. 2014..Sympathetic nerve wiring in the mammalian heart has remained largely unexplored. Resolving the wiring diagram of the cardiac sympathetic network would help establish the structural underpinnings of neurocardiac coupling...
- Voltage-Induced Ca2+ Release in Postganglionic Sympathetic Neurons in Adult MiceHong Li Sun
Riley Heart Research Center, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0148962. 2016..These results support the notion that postganglionic sympathetic neurons possess the ability to release Ca2+ from IP3-sensitive internal stores in response to membrane depolarization, independent of Ca2+ influx. ..
- Spatial variability in T-tubule and electrical remodeling of left ventricular epicardium in mouse hearts with transgenic Gαq overexpression-induced pathological hypertrophyWen Tao
Riley Heart Research Center, Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5225, USA
J Mol Cell Cardiol 53:409-19. 2012....
- A noncytotoxic DsRed variant for whole-cell labelingRita L Strack
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, The University of Chicago, Gordon Center W238, Chicago, Illinois 60637, USA
Nat Methods 5:955-7. 2008..DsRed-Express2 exhibits strong and stable expression in bacterial and mammalian cells, and it outperforms other available RFPs with regard to photostability and phototoxicity...
- The TRQQKRP motif located near the C-terminus of Rac2 is essential for Rac2 biologic functions and intracellular localizationWen Tao
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, USA
Blood 100:1679-88. 2002..These data suggest that precise localization of Rac2 protein in intracellular compartments and/or with other proteins/lipids is a prerequisite for its diverse functions...