Greg A Sachs
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Cognitive impairment: an independent predictor of excess mortality: a cohort studyGreg A Sachs
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, USA
Ann Intern Med 155:300-8. 2011..Dementia is a leading cause of death among older adults, but less is known about the mortality risk associated with milder forms of cognitive impairment...
- Communicating with clinicians: the experiences of surrogate decision-makers for hospitalized older adultsAlexia M Torke
Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1401-7. 2012..To describe communication experiences of surrogates who had recently made a major medical decision for a hospitalized older adult...
- A conceptual model of the role of communication in surrogate decision making for hospitalized adultsAlexia M Torke
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Patient Educ Couns 87:54-61. 2012..To build a conceptual model of the role of communication in decision making, based on literature from medicine, communication studies and medical ethics...
- Caregiver and noncaregiver attitudes toward dementia screeningMalaz A Boustani
Center for Aging Research, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, School of Health and Rehabilitation Sciences, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:681-6. 2011..To compare attitudes toward dementia screening of older adults with and without an experience of dementia caregiving...
- Timing of do-not-resuscitate orders for hospitalized older adults who require a surrogate decision-makerAlexia M Torke
Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:1326-31. 2011..To examine the frequency of surrogate decisions for in-hospital do-not-resuscitate (DNR) orders and the timing of DNR order entry for surrogate decisions...
- Integrating care for older adults with cognitive impairmentChristopher M Callahan
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, HITS Building Suite 2000, 410 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 3012, USA
Curr Alzheimer Res 6:368-74. 2009..This requires investments in the design and testing of an improved infrastructure for care that matches our national investment in the search for cure...
- Palliative care for patients with dementia: a national surveyAlexia M Torke
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:2114-21. 2010..To determine the extent to which hospice and nonhospice palliative care (PC) programs provide services to patients with dementia and to describe barriers and facilitators to providing nonhospice PC...
- Implementing innovative models of dementia care: The Healthy Aging Brain CenterMalaz A Boustani
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, USA
Aging Ment Health 15:13-22. 2011..Recent randomized controlled trials have demonstrated the effectiveness of the collaborative dementia care model targeting both the patients suffering from dementia and their informal caregivers...