K L Roos
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Pearls: infectious diseasesKaren L Roos
John and Nancy Nelson Professor of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Semin Neurol 30:71-3. 2010..These lessons, learned at the bedside, are reviewed in this article...
- Bacterial meningitisKaren L Roos
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indiana University Hospital, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Handb Clin Neurol 96:51-63. 2010..Timely recognition of bacterial meningitis and initiation of therapy are critical to outcome...
- CNS infections: progress in therapy, diagnosis, and preventionKaren L Roos
Indiana University School of Medicine, 545 Barnhill Drive, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Lancet Neurol 7:18-9. 2008
- West Nile encephalitis and myelitisKaren L Roos
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Curr Opin Neurol 17:343-6. 2004..This article will review the recent experience with West Nile virus encephalitis and myelitis...
- EncephalitisK L Roos
Department of Neurology, University of Chicago Medical Center, Chicago, Illinois, USA
Neurol Clin 17:813-33. 1999....
- Chronic focal seizure disorder as a manifestation of intracranial iophendylateR M Pascuzzi
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis
Epilepsia 29:294-6. 1988..Intracranial iophendylate may have produced chronic meningeal reaction leading to cortical irritation and a chronic seizure disorder...
- Medusa's head in bloody CSFKaren L Roos
Neurology 59:300-1. 2002
- Fever and asymmetrical weakness in the summer: evidence of a West Nile virus-associated poliomyelitis-like illnessKaren L Roos
Mayo Clin Proc 78:1205-6. 2003
- The smallpox vaccine and postvaccinal encephalitisKaren L Roos
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Semin Neurol 22:95-8. 2002..The first case of postvaccinal encephalitis as a complication of the Jennerian cowpox inoculation was observed in 1905. A century later, there is no effective therapy...
- Emerging antimicrobial-resistant infectionsKaren L Roos
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202 5124, USA
Arch Neurol 61:1512-4. 2004
- Practice guidelines for the management of bacterial meningitisAllan R Tunkel
Drexel University College of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA 19129, USA
Clin Infect Dis 39:1267-84. 2004
- Fatal encephalitis due to rabies virus transmitted by organ transplantationKaren L Roos
Arch Neurol 62:855-6. 2005
- What I have learned about infectious diseases with my sleeves rolled upKaren L Roos
Department of Neurology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202 5124, USA
Semin Neurol 22:9-15. 2002....