Affiliation: Indiana University
- A 75% insulin lispro/25% NPL mixture provides a longer duration of insulin activity compared with insulin lispro alone in patients with Type 1 diabetesP Roach
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Diabet Med 20:946-52. 2003....
- Glycemic control with Humalog Mix25 in type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled with glyburide- Roach
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Clin Ther 23:1732-44. 2001..Humalog Mix25 (Mix25) is a premixed insulin mixture of 25% insulin lispro and 75% neutral protamine lispro...
- New insulin analogues and routes of delivery: pharmacodynamic and clinical considerationsParis Roach
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 47:595-610. 2008..For technical and practical reasons, other alternative routes have generally not met with clinical success...
- A critical dialogue: communicating with type 2 diabetes patients about cardiovascular riskParis Roach
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Vasc Health Risk Manag 1:301-7. 2005..Research is needed to find the best methods for communicating risk in daily clinical practice...
- Comparison of insulin lispro mixture 25/75 with insulin glargine during a 24-h standardized test-meal period in patients with Type 2 diabetesP Roach
Indiana University School of Medicine and Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Diabet Med 23:743-9. 2006....
- Better systems, not guidelines, for glucose monitoringParis Roach
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism Indiana University School of Medicine 545 Barnhill Drive, Emerson Hall Room 421 Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
BMJ 329:E332. 2004
- Effects of multiple daily injection therapy with Humalog mixtures versus separately injected insulin lispro and NPH insulin in adults with type I diabetes mellitusParis Roach
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, 545 Barnhill Drive, EH 421, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Clin Ther 26:502-10. 2004..When used in a similar fashion, premixed, fixed-ratio insulin preparations containing LP and NPL (an LP-based intermediate-acting insulin) may provide the basis for an optimized basal-bolus insulin regimen...
- Humalog Mix50 before carbohydrate-rich meals in type 2 diabetes mellitusP Roach
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Diabetes Obes Metab 5:311-6. 2003....
- Clinical pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics of insulin lispro mixturesParis Roach
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Clin Pharmacokinet 41:1043-57. 2002..The combined rapid and prolonged insulin activity provided by insulin lispro mixtures has been defined both in healthy subjects without diabetes and in patients with diabetes...
- Exenatide added to insulin therapy: a retrospective review of clinical practice over two years in an academic endocrinology outpatient settingNancy M Yoon
Division of Endocrinology and Metabolism, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Clin Ther 31:1511-23. 2009..Limited published data exist on the off-label use of exenatide in conjunction with insulin in the treatment of T2DM...
- Dose accuracy testing of the humalog/ humulin insulin pen deviceM J Roe
Lilly Research Laboratories, Eli Lilly and Company, Lilly Corporate Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46268, USA
Diabetes Technol Ther 3:623-9. 2001..Also 92% (n = 59) of patients interviewed felt that the stop mechanism for the final dose was clear. Extensive testing in the development of a prefilled insulin delivery device demonstrates an accurate and reliable medical device...
- Investing time in health: do socioeconomically disadvantaged patients spend more or less extra time on diabetes self-care?Susan L Ettner
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 911 Broxton Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095, USA
Health Econ 18:645-63. 2009..Research on self-care for chronic disease has not examined time requirements. Translating Research into Action for Diabetes (TRIAD), a multi-site study of managed care patients with diabetes, is among the first to assess self-care time...
- Good diabetes care: more than cheap medsRonald T Ackermann
Med Care 42:99-101. 2004