A L Prieto
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Expression of the receptor protein-tyrosine kinases Tyro-3, Axl, and mer in the developing rat central nervous systemA L Prieto
Department of Neuropharmacology, The Scripps Research Institute, La Jolla, California 92037, USA
J Comp Neurol 425:295-314. 2000..These studies provide initial clues for elucidating the cellular functions of the Axl subfamily members and suggest potential complex Gas6/RPTK as well as RPTK/RPTK signaling interactions in the mature and developing CNS...
- Cross-phosphorylation, signaling and proliferative functions of the Tyro3 and Axl receptors in Rat2 cellsJessica E Brown
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e36800. 2012....
- Loss of the receptor tyrosine kinase Axl leads to enhanced inflammation in the CNS and delayed removal of myelin debris during experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitisJason G Weinger
Department of Pathology, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, 1300 Morris Park Avenue, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neuroinflammation 8:49. 2011..To test for this, we studied the susceptibility of Axl-/- mice to experimental autoimmune encephalomyelitis (EAE), an animal model for multiple sclerosis...
- Ceftriaxone-induced up-regulation of cortical and striatal GLT1 in the R6/2 model of Huntington's diseaseYoussef Sari
Program in Neuroscience, Indiana University, 1101 East 10th Street, Bloomington, IN, USA
J Biomed Sci 17:62. 2010..Only at advanced ages (> 11 weeks), however, do R6/2 mice show an actual loss of striatal GLT1. Here, we tested whether ceftriaxone can reverse the decline in GLT1 expression that occurs in older R6/2s...
- Localization and signaling of the receptor protein tyrosine kinase Tyro3 in cortical and hippocampal neuronsA L Prieto
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 East 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Neuroscience 150:319-34. 2007....
- The integrin alpha 9 beta 1 mediates cell attachment to a non-RGD site in the third fibronectin type III repeat of tenascinY Yokosaki
Department of Medicine, University of California, San Francisco 94143
J Biol Chem 269:26691-6. 1994..However, the RGD site does not appear to be the binding site for alpha 9 beta 1, as the attachment of alpha 9 transfectants to this fragment was not inhibited by RGD peptide, nor by changing the RGD site to RAD or RAA...
- Multiple integrins mediate cell attachment to cytotactin/tenascinA L Prieto
Scripps Research Institute, Department of Neurobiology, La Jolla, CA 92037
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 90:10154-8. 1993..They also open the possibility that the functions of CT in processes such as counteradhesion, cell migration, cell proliferation, and cell differentiation may be mediated in part by interaction with multiple integrins...