Affiliation: Indiana University
- Conger A, Martin E, Yan T, Rhodes L, Hoang V, La J, et al. Argonaute 2 Expression Correlates with a Luminal B Breast Cancer Subtype and Induces Estrogen Receptor Alpha Isoform Variation. Noncoding RNA. 2016;2: pubmed publisher..Together with our clinical findings on AGO2 expression and the luminal B subtype, we suggest that AGO2 is a regulator of altered ERÎ± signaling in breast tumors. ..
- Nephew K, Osborne E, Lubet R, Grubbs C, Khan S. Effects of oral administration of tamoxifen, toremifene, dehydroepiandrosterone, and vorozole on uterine histomorphology in the rat. Proc Soc Exp Biol Med. 2000;223:288-94 pubmed..The data may have implications for risk assessment of these agents prior to administration to healthy, cancer-free women. ..
- Miller D, Yan P, Fang F, Buechlein A, Kroll K, Frankhouser D, et al. Complete Transcriptome RNA-Seq. Methods Mol Biol. 2017;1513:141-162 pubmed..We employ the Illumina sequencing platform, but this method is described in sufficient detail to adapt to other platforms. ..
- Özeş A, Wang Y, Zong X, Fang F, Pilrose J, Nephew K. Therapeutic targeting using tumor specific peptides inhibits long non-coding RNA HOTAIR activity in ovarian and breast cancer. Sci Rep. 2017;7:894 pubmed publisher..This first report on pHLIP-PNA lncRNA targeting solid tumors in vivo suggests a novel cancer therapeutic approach. ..
- Nephew K, Ray S, Hlaing M, Ahluwalia A, Wu S, Long X, et al. Expression of estrogen receptor coactivators in the rat uterus. Biol Reprod. 2000;63:361-7 pubmed..Furthermore, we speculate that higher constitutive levels of coactivator expression in glandular and luminal epithelial cells may be associated with increased hormonal responsiveness by these uterine compartments. ..