Krysia N Mossakowski
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Does perceived discrimination affect health? Longitudinal relationships between work discrimination and women's physical and emotional healthEliza K Pavalko
Department of Sociology, 744 Ballantine Hall, 1020 E Kirkwood Ave, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Health Soc Behav 44:18-33. 2003..Overall, the results provide even stronger support for the health impact of workplace discrimination and suggest a need for further longitudinal analyses of causes and consequences of perceived discrimination...
- Coping with perceived discrimination: does ethnic identity protect mental health?Krysia N Mossakowski
Department of Sociology, Indiana University, 778 Ballantine Hall, 1020 East Kirkwood Ave, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Health Soc Behav 44:318-31. 2003..The strong link between ethnic identity and better mental health has implications for social-psychological theories on race/ethnicity and assimilation in the United States...
- Unfulfilled expectations and symptoms of depression among young adultsKrysia N Mossakowski
Department of Sociology, University of Hawaii at Manoa, Saunders Hall Room 215, 2424 Maile Way, Honolulu, Hawaii 96822, USA
Soc Sci Med 73:729-36. 2011....
- The influence of past unemployment duration on symptoms of depression among young women and men in the United StatesKrysia N Mossakowski
Department of Sociology, University of Miami, 5202 University Drive, Coral Gables, FL 33146, USA
Am J Public Health 99:1826-32. 2009..I also investigated whether past unemployment duration predicts depressive symptoms...
- Limited English proficiency and psychological distress among Latinos and Asian AmericansWei Zhang
Department of Sociology, The University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI, USA
Soc Sci Med 75:1006-14. 2012..Findings underscore the differential role of limited English proficiency for the mental health of Asian Americans and Latinos and suggest the distinctive racial experiences and backgrounds of these two ethnic groups...