Affiliation: Indiana University
- Existing clinical protocols to treat oral yeast infections still require systematic scrutiny to determine best practice recommendationsGerardo Maupome
Indiana University School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA, Phone 1 317 274 5529, fax 1 317 274 5425 Electronic address
J Evid Based Dent Pract 12:201-2. 2012..Lam OLT, Bandara HMHN, Samaranayake LP, McGrath C, Li LSW. Mycoses 2012 Mar; 55(2):123-42. REVIEWER: Gerardo Maupome, BDS, MSc, PhD PURPOSE/QUESTION: To examine the effectiveness of existing clinical/pharmacologic protocols to ..
- Design of the Prevention of Adult Caries Study (PACS): a randomized clinical trial assessing the effect of a chlorhexidine dental coating for the prevention of adult cariesWilliam M Vollmer
Center for Health Research, 3800 N, Interstate Blvd, Portland, Oregon 97227, USA
BMC Oral Health 10:23. 2010..Although a number of treatments are currently in use for caries prevention in adults, evidence for their efficacy and effectiveness is limited...
- The relationship between cardiovascular xerogenic medication intake and the incidence of crown/root restorationsGerardo Maupome
Oral Health Research Institute, Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, Indiana University Purdue University at Indianapolis School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2876, USA
J Public Health Dent 66:49-56. 2006..This retrospective, longitudinal cohort study quantified the strength of the association between xerogenic cardiovascular medication use and dental restorations, using the latter as a proxy measure for dental caries experience...
- A comparison of dental treatment utilization and costs by HMO members living in fluoridated and nonfluoridated areasGerardo Maupome
Oral Health Research Institute, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2876, USA
J Public Health Dent 67:224-33. 2007..To compare dental treatment experiences and costs in members of a health maintenance organization (HMO) in areas with and without community water fluoridation...
- Diagnostic thinking and information used in clinical decision-making: a qualitative study of expert and student dental cliniciansGerardo Maupome
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, Indiana University School of Dentistry, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
BMC Oral Health 10:11. 2010..It is uncertain whether the range and frequency of Diagnostic Thinking Processes (DTP) and pieces of information (concepts) involved in dental restorative treatment planning are different between students and expert clinicians...
- Is there a relationship between asthma and dental caries?: a critical review of the literatureGerardo Maupome
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Indiana University, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis, Ind 46202 2876, USA
J Am Dent Assoc 141:1061-74. 2010..The authors conducted a critical review of the literature to ascertain the strength of the scientific and professional evidence supporting an association between dental caries and the experience and severity of asthma...
- Dental caries in American Indian toddlers after a community-based beverage interventionGerardo Maupome
Department of Preventive and Community Dentistry, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202 2876, USA
Ethn Dis 20:444-50. 2010..It targeted American Indian (AI) toddlers from birth, to effect changes in breastfeeding and sweetened beverage consumption...
- Development of a questionnaire to measure perceptions of, and concerns derived from, dental fluorosisE Angeles Martinez-Mier
Oral Health Research Institute, Indiana University School of Dentistry, 415 Lansing Street, Indianapolis IN 46202, USA
Community Dent Health 21:299-305. 2004..To develop a questionnaire in English and Spanish to measure concerns caused by children's (and their parents') perceptions of dental appearance...
- Current trends in pulp therapy: a survey analyzing pulpotomy techniques taught in pediatric dental residency programsLaquia A Walker
Department of Pediatric Dentistry, School of Dentistry, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Ind
J Dent Child (Chic) 80:31-5. 2013..The study's purpose was to survey directors of pediatric dental residency programs in order to evaluate the materials currently being taught and used for pulpotomy procedures for primary teeth in educational and clinical settings...
- Demand in pediatric dentistry for sedation and general anesthesia by dentist anesthesiologists: a survey of directors of dentist anesthesiologist and pediatric dentistry residenciesC Gray Hicks
James Whitcomb Riley Hospital for Children, Indiana University School of Dentistry, IN, USA
Anesth Prog 59:3-11. 2012....