O N Markand
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Health-related quality of life outcome in medically refractory epilepsy treated with anterior temporal lobectomyO N Markand
Department of Neurology, Division of Biostatistics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Epilepsia 41:749-59. 2000..A prospective study to investigate health-related quality of life (HRQOL) outcome in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy treated with anterior temporal lobectomy (ATL)...
- Lennox-Gastaut syndrome (childhood epileptic encephalopathy)Omkar N Markand
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, University Hospital Room 1711, 550 North University Boulevard, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Clin Neurophysiol 20:426-41. 2003..There are varying degrees of slowing of the background. Sleep discloses paroxysms of generalized fast (10 to 25 Hz) rhythmic activity...
- The contribution of life events to pseudoseizure occurrence in adultsE S Bowman
Department of Psychiatry, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Bull Menninger Clin 63:70-88. 1999..When evaluating pseudoseizure precipitants, clinicians should consider the meaning of recent events in light of remote trauma, current life context, and dysfunctional familial patterns of handling affect...
- Comparative study of interictal PET and ictal SPECT in complex partial seizuresO N Markand
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Acta Neurol Scand 95:129-36. 1997....
- Cardiac asystole during a temporal lobe seizureKaren S Carvalho
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, 550 University Boulevard, UH 1711, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5250, USA
Seizure 13:595-9. 2004..We report a patient with left temporal lobe seizures who developed ictal bradycardia and cardiac asystole during a complex partial seizure and required a subsequent placement of a pacemaker...
- Pearls, perils, and pitfalls in the use of the electroencephalogramOmkar N Markand
Department of Neurology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Semin Neurol 23:7-46. 2003..Under such circumstances, the EEG may be the only available tool to detect an encephalopathic process or the occurrence of epileptic seizures...
- Lingual epilepsia partialis continua in a girlZoran Vukadinovic
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Epileptic Disord 9:323-6. 2007..She has shown no signs of Rasmussen's Encephalitis or other neurodegenerative process and structural MRI is normal. [Published with video sequences]...