D K Litzelman
Affiliation: Indiana University
- The new formal competency-based curriculum and informal curriculum at Indiana University School of Medicine: overview and five-year analysisDebra K Litzelman
Medical Education and Curricular Affairs, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Acad Med 82:410-21. 2007..Specific case examples illustrate the interweaving of the formal competency curriculum through the students' four years of training, as well as techniques that are being used to positively influence the IUSM informal curriculum...
- The role of footwear in the prevention of foot lesions in patients with NIDDM. Conventional wisdom or evidence-based practice?D K Litzelman
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Diabetes Care 20:156-62. 1997..To conduct a prospective evaluation of footwear characteristics as predictors of diabetic foot wounds...
- Independent physiological predictors of foot lesions in patients with NIDDMD K Litzelman
Health Services Research and Development Service, Richard L Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Diabetes Care 20:1273-8. 1997..To identify and quantify independent physiological risk factors for foot lesions in diabetic patients...
- Beneficial and harmful effects of augmented feedback on physicians' clinical-teaching performancesD K Litzelman
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Acad Med 73:324-32. 1998..To evaluate whether clinical-teaching skills could be improved by providing teachers with augmented student feedback...
- Factorial validation of a widely disseminated educational framework for evaluating clinical teachersD K Litzelman
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA
Acad Med 73:688-95. 1998..To examine an instrument for evaluating clinical teaching using factor analysis and to refine the validated instrument to a practical length...
- Improving medical student attitudes toward older patients through a "council of elders" and reflective writing experienceGlenda R Westmoreland
Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:315-20. 2009..A Council of Elders coupled with a reflective writing exercise is a promising new approach to improving attitudes of medical students toward their geriatric patients...
- Enhancing the informal curriculum of a medical school: a case study in organizational culture changeAnn H Cottingham
Medical Education and Curricular Affairs, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202 3297, USA
J Gen Intern Med 23:715-22. 2008..In spite of many efforts, traditional "top-down" approaches to changing culture and relational patterns in organizations often disappoint...
- The PUMP UP tailored computerized program for heart failure careSusan J Bennett
Indiana University School of Nursing, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Nurs Outlook 54:39-45. 2006
- Indiana University School of MedicineGlenda R Westmoreland
Acad Med 79:S57-60. 2004
- Web-based training in geriatrics for medical residents: a randomized controlled trial using standardized patients to assess outcomesGlenda R Westmoreland
Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1163-9. 2010..More-intensive educational interventions are needed to improve clinical performance by trainees in the care of older patients...
- Behaviors predicting foot lesions in patients with non-insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusJ G Suico
Richard L. Roudebush VA Medical Center, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care and Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:482-4. 1998..In the final multivariate model, patients who rarely lubricated their feet had an increased risk of foot lesions. Increasing patient use of emollients may be key to preventing foot lesions...
- Toward an informal curriculum that teaches professionalism. Transforming the social environment of a medical schoolAnthony L Suchman
Relationship Centered Healthcare, Rochester, NY 14610, USA
J Gen Intern Med 19:501-4. 2004....
- Reliability and validity of an objective structured teaching examination for generalist resident teachersElizabeth H Morrison
Department of Family Medicine, Unviersity of California, 101 City Drive South, Orange, CA 92868 3298, USA
Acad Med 77:S29-32. 2002