Babar A Khan
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Clinical decision support system and incidence of delirium in cognitively impaired older adults transferred to intensive careBabar A Khan
Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Crit Care 22:257-62. 2013..Elderly patients with cognitive impairment are at increased risk of developing delirium, especially in the intensive care unit...
- Cardiac compression secondary to a massively dilated substernal colon conduitBabar A Khan
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:2126-8. 2012....
- Delirium in hospitalized patients: implications of current evidence on clinical practice and future avenues for research--a systematic evidence reviewBabar A Khan
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Hosp Med 7:580-9. 2012..Despite the significant burden of delirium among hospitalized adults, critical appraisal of systematic data on delirium diagnosis, pathophysiology, treatment, prevention, and outcomes is lacking...
- Comparison and agreement between the Richmond Agitation-Sedation Scale and the Riker Sedation-Agitation Scale in evaluating patients' eligibility for delirium assessment in the ICUBabar A Khan
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Chest 142:48-54. 2012..We sought to assess the concordance of RASS and SAS assessments in determining eligibility of patients in the ICU for delirium screening using the confusion assessment method for the ICU (CAM-ICU)...
- Time-motion analysis of health care workers' contact with patients and workers' hand hygiene: open vs closed unitsBabar A Khan
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Crit Care 20:e75-9. 2011....
- Biomarkers for delirium--a reviewBabar A Khan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:S256-61. 2011....
- Enhancing care for hospitalized older adults with cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trialMalaz A Boustani
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:561-7. 2012..The Institute of Medicine suggests using health information technology to improve the overall safety and quality of the health care system...
- Race and documentation of cognitive impairment in hospitalized older adultsNoll L Campbell
College of Pharmacy, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana Center for Aging Research, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana Department of Pharmacy, Eskenazi Health, Indianapolis, Indiana
J Am Geriatr Soc 62:506-11. 2014..To evaluate whether race influences agreement between screening results and documentation of cognitive impairment and delirium...
- Improving delirium care in the intensive care unit: the design of a pragmatic studyNoll L Campbell
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Purdue University School of Pharmacy, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Trials 12:139. 2011..Delirium prevalence in the intensive care unit (ICU) is high. Numerous psychotropic agents are used to manage delirium in the ICU with limited data regarding their efficacy or harms...
- Risk factors for the progression of mild cognitive impairment to dementiaNoll L Campbell
College of Pharmacy, Purdue University, 575 Stadium Mall Drive, West Lafayette, IN 47907, USA Indiana University Center for Aging Research, 410 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA Regenstrief Institute, Inc, 410 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA Department of Pharmacy, Wishard Eskenazi Health Services, 1001 West 10th Street, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA Electronic address
Clin Geriatr Med 29:873-93. 2013..Potentially modifiable risk factors may offer researchers a point of intervention to modify the effect of the risk factor and to minimize the future burden of dementia. ..