Babar A Khan
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Clinical decision support system and incidence of delirium in cognitively impaired older adults transferred to intensive careBabar A Khan
Regenstrief Institute, Inc, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Crit Care 22:257-62. 2013..Elderly patients with cognitive impairment are at increased risk of developing delirium, especially in the intensive care unit...
- Cardiac compression secondary to a massively dilated substernal colon conduitBabar A Khan
Department of Medicine, Division of Pulmonary Critical Care Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:2126-8. 2012....
- Comparison and agreement between the Richmond Agitation-Sedation Scale and the Riker Sedation-Agitation Scale in evaluating patients' eligibility for delirium assessment in the ICUBabar A Khan
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Chest 142:48-54. 2012..We sought to assess the concordance of RASS and SAS assessments in determining eligibility of patients in the ICU for delirium screening using the confusion assessment method for the ICU (CAM-ICU)...
- Delirium in hospitalized patients: implications of current evidence on clinical practice and future avenues for research--a systematic evidence reviewBabar A Khan
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Hosp Med 7:580-9. 2012..Despite the significant burden of delirium among hospitalized adults, critical appraisal of systematic data on delirium diagnosis, pathophysiology, treatment, prevention, and outcomes is lacking...
- Time-motion analysis of health care workers' contact with patients and workers' hand hygiene: open vs closed unitsBabar A Khan
Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Crit Care 20:e75-9. 2011....
- Biomarkers for delirium--a reviewBabar A Khan
Division of Pulmonary and Critical Care, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 59:S256-61. 2011....
- Enhancing care for hospitalized older adults with cognitive impairment: a randomized controlled trialMalaz A Boustani
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, IN, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:561-7. 2012..The Institute of Medicine suggests using health information technology to improve the overall safety and quality of the health care system...
- Improving delirium care in the intensive care unit: the design of a pragmatic studyNoll L Campbell
Department of Pharmacy Practice, Purdue University School of Pharmacy, West Lafayette, IN, USA
Trials 12:139. 2011..Delirium prevalence in the intensive care unit (ICU) is high. Numerous psychotropic agents are used to manage delirium in the ICU with limited data regarding their efficacy or harms...