D A Haggstrom
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Variation in primary care physicians' colorectal cancer screening recommendations by patient age and comorbidityDavid A Haggstrom
VA Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidence Based Practice, Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, 1481 West 10th St 11H, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Gen Intern Med 28:18-24. 2013..Screening patterns among primary care physicians (PCPs) may be influenced by patient age and comorbidity. Colorectal cancer (CRC) screening has little benefit among patients with limited life expectancy...
- Chronic Care Model implementation for cancer screening and follow-up in community health centersDavid A Haggstrom
Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, 1481 West 10th Street 11H, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 23:49-66. 2012..The Health Disparities Cancer Collaborative (HDCC) implemented six components of the Chronic Care Model (CCM) to increase cancer screening and follow-up among underserved populations from 2003-05...
- Redesign of a computerized clinical reminder for colorectal cancer screening: a human-computer interaction evaluationJason J Saleem
VA HSR and D Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidenced Based Practice CIEBP, Richard L, Roudebush VA Medical Center 11 H, 1481 West Tenth St, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 11:74. 2011....
- Lessons learned from usability testing of the VA's personal health recordDavid A Haggstrom
Department of Veterans Affairs Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence on Implementing Evidence Based Practice, Richard L Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 18:i13-7. 2011....
- Quality measurement and system change of cancer care deliveryDavid A Haggstrom
VA Health Services Research and Development, Center on Implementing Evidence Based Practice, Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Med Care 49:S21-7. 2011..Across all of these developments, leadership and ongoing research to guide informed system changes will be necessary to transform the cancer care delivery system...
- The health disparities cancer collaborative: a case study of practice registry measurement in a quality improvement collaborativeDavid A Haggstrom
VA Health Services Research and Development Center on Implementing Evidence based Practice, Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Implement Sci 5:42. 2010..One setting where practice registry measurement has been implemented is the Health Resources and Services Administration's Health Disparities Cancer Collaborative (HDCC)...
- Surveillance approaches among colorectal cancer survivors after curative-intentD A Haggstrom
VA Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center on Implementing Evidence based Practice CIEBP, Roudebush VAMC, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Minerva Gastroenterol Dietol 55:483-500. 2009..Different types of information will enhance our understanding of the impact of follow-up programs, including data regarding quality of life, cost, and patient preferences...
- Follow-up care delivery among colorectal cancer survivors most often seen by primary and subspecialty care physiciansDavid A Haggstrom
VA Health Services Research and Development HSR and D Center on Implementing Evidence based Practice CIEBP, Richard L Roudebush VA Medical Center, 1481 West 10th St 11H, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Gen Intern Med 24:S472-9. 2009..The Institute of Medicine has identified patients as a key source of information for assessing the quality of care...
- The influence of care management tools on physician practice change across organizational settingsDavid A Haggstrom
VA HSR and D Center for the Implementation of Evidence Based Practice, Indianapolis, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 33:672-80. 2007..A study was conducted to assess whether physician reports of practice change were associated with the type of health care organization delivering the tools and the type or number of tools received...
- Differences in the quality of breast cancer care among vulnerable populationsDavid A Haggstrom
Cancer Prevention Fellowship Program, Division of Cancer Prevention, National Cancer Institute, National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, Maryland 20892 7344, USA
Cancer 104:2347-58. 2005..It is unknown whether differences in the quality of breast cancer care among women from racial and ethnic minority groups, the elderly, and rural areas have changed over time across the continuum of care...
- Variation in screening mammography and Papanicolaou smear by primary care physician specialty and gatekeeper plan (United States)David A Haggstrom
San Francisco General Hospital, Division of General Internal Medicine, University of California, San Francisco
Cancer Causes Control 15:883-92. 2004..To assess whether the specialty of a patient's primary care physician or being part of a gatekeeper plan influence breast and cervical cancer screening...