Affiliation: Indiana University
- Chronic developmental exposure to phenytoin has long-term behavioral consequencesTodd M Mowery
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 E 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Int J Dev Neurosci 26:401-7. 2008....
- The cortical response to sensory deprivation in adult rats is affected by gonadectomyTodd M Mowery
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, 1101 E 10th Street, Bloomington, IN 47405 7007, USA
Exp Brain Res 195:27-33. 2009..Thus, either males and females have a common neuroprotective hormonal pathway, or each has a sex-specific hormone pathway that serves an equivalent neuroprotective function...
- Morphological correlates of injury-induced reorganization in primate somatosensory cortexJames D Churchill
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, St Louis, Missouri 63103, USA
BMC Neurosci 5:43. 2004..In this study, we used Golgi impregnation and light microscopy to assess dendritic morphology following denervation of the glabrous hand surface in adult primates...
- Cell size in the lateral geniculate nucleus of cats reared with esotropia and sagittal transection of the optic chiasmP E Garraghty
Program in Neural Science, Indiana University, Bloomington, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 100:127-9. 1997..Cell size measurements in the dorsal lateral geniculate nucleus revealed that the neurons in the A1 lamina innervated by the deviated eye were, on average, 10-15% smaller than their counterparts in the contralateral A1 lamina...
- Specification of retinogeniculate X and Y axon arbors in cats: fundamental differences in developmental programsP E Garraghty
Program in Neural Science, Department of Psychology, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Brain Res Dev Brain Res 107:227-31. 1998..These termination patterns resemble patterns seen after monocular enucleation at E44, and reinforce the conclusion that X and Y axons differ fundamentally in the cues that constrain the dorsoventral extents of their arbors...
- Receptor autoradiographic correlates of deafferentation-induced reorganization in adult primate somatosensory cortexPreston E Garraghty
Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405 7007, USA
J Comp Neurol 497:636-45. 2006..These findings are consistent with our previous suggestion that the second stage of reorganization proceeds via mechanisms comparable to those revealed to account for NMDA-dependent long-term potentiation in the hippocampus...
- Some antiepileptic compounds impair learning by rats in a Morris water mazeJames D Churchill
Department of Psychology, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405-7007, USA
Integr Physiol Behav Sci 38:91-103. 2003..To the extent that one might wish to minimize learning deficits associated with maintenance on antiepileptic drugs, phenytoin is definitely not the treatment of choice, while valproate or ethosuximide are apparently much less disruptive...
- The influence of post-nerve injury survival duration on receptive field size: location, location, locationJames D Churchill
Department of Psychology, Saint Louis University, 3511 Laclede Avenue, St Louis, MO 63103, United States
Neurosci Lett 405:10-3. 2006..These observations suggest that the mechanisms responsible for the refinement of receptive fields are, primarily, resident to the cortex...
- Auditory cortical neurons respond to somatosensory stimulationKai-Ming G Fu
Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, New York 10461, USA
J Neurosci 23:7510-5. 2003....