Affiliation: Indiana University
- Exstrophy polyp is a unique pathology entityRong Fan
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 15:471-7. 2012..Combining the unique clinical setting, a separate pathologic and diagnostic entity should be initiated for this type of polyp; we propose the term 'bladder exstrophy polyp' or simply an 'exstrophy polyp.'..
- Hepatogonadal fusionRong Fan
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
J Pediatr Surg 47:e5-6. 2012..An unusual spermatic cord-like structure was observed connecting the liver and right testis in a 3-month-old boy who was undergoing right inguinal hernia repair. The hepatic tissue was present along the entire length of this structure...
- Does intratubular germ cell neoplasia, unclassified type exist in prepubertal, cryptorchid testes?Rong Fan
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Fetal Pediatr Pathol 31:21-4. 2012..We therefore did not find a bona fide case of IGCNU in prepubertal testes apart from an intersex disorder...
- Primary paratesticular neuroblastoma: practical considerationsRong Fan
Department of Pathology, Indiana University, Indianapolis, IN 46202 5200, USA
Int J Surg Pathol 19:123-6. 2011..The prognosis typically is favorable. In conclusion, it is becoming clear that primary neuroblastoma is an important differential diagnostic consideration for a paratesticular mass, particularly in the early pediatric age group...
- Squamous cysts arising from segmental renal dysplasiaRong Fan
Department of Pathology, Indiana University, 702 Barnhill Dr, Rm 2536, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Pediatr Nephrol 26:1893-6. 2011..Squamous cysts within the dysplastic kidney, however, are exceedingly rare; only two cases have been reported in the English literature, dating back about 25 years...
- Primary renal neuroblastoma--a clinical pathologic study of 8 casesRong Fan
Department of Pathology, Indiana University School of Medicine, Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health, Riley Hospital Drive RM, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 36:94-100. 2012..Primary renal neuroblastoma is perhaps more common than people realize; a higher level of awareness and early recognition are important for its prognosis and management, as they are very different from Wilms tumor...
- Localized cystic disease of the kidney: distinction from cystic neoplasms and hereditary polycystic diseasesYi Ding
Department of Pathology, New York University Langone Medical Center, New York, NY 10016, USA
Am J Surg Pathol 37:506-13. 2013..We also presented a diagnostic algorithm for working up the renal cystic lesions...
- Nephrogenic adenomas in pediatric patients: a morphologic and immunohistochemical study of 21 casesChia Sui Kao
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN, USA
Pediatr Dev Pathol 16:80-5. 2013..In difficult cases, an immunohistochemical panel consisting of cytokeratin 7, PAX-2, PAX-8, and MUC-1 may be useful...