Affiliation: Indiana University
- Fixation stability and scotoma mapping for patients with low visionAnn E Elsner
Indiana University School of Optometry, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Optom Vis Sci 90:164-73. 2013..To develop a simplified device that performs fundus perimetry techniques such as fixation mapping and kinetic perimetry...
- Spatial distribution of macular birefringence associated with the Henle fibersAnn E Elsner
School of Optometry, Indiana University, 800 East Atwater, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Vision Res 48:2578-85. 2008..An increasingly eccentric peak with increasing age would indicate a relative decrease of cone axons in the central fovea, but the location of the peak was not associated with age for our sample, which did not include elderly subjects...
- Imaging polarimetry in patients with neovascular age-related macular degenerationAnn E Elsner
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405, USA, and University Hospital RWTH Aachen, Germany
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1468-80. 2007..The retinal birefringence in neovascular membranes indicates optical activity consistent with molecular changes rather than merely geometrical changes...
- Determination of foveal location using scanning laser polarimetryDean A VanNasdale
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
J Vis 9:21.1-17. 2009..This study demonstrates that scanning laser polarimetry imaging can localize the fovea by using structural properties inherent in the central macula...
- Large-field-of-view, modular, stabilized, adaptive-optics-based scanning laser ophthalmoscopeStephen A Burns
School of Optometry, Indiana University, Bloomington 47405, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1313-26. 2007..The retinal image was stabilized to within 18 microm 90% of the time. Stabilization was sufficient for cross-correlation techniques to automatically align the images...
- Compact scanning laser ophthalmoscope with high-speed retinal trackerDaniel X Hammer
Physical Sciences Incorporated, 20 New England Business Center, Andover, Massachusetts 01810, USA
Appl Opt 42:4621-32. 2003..Successful frame coaddition allowed image acquisition with decreased noise in low-light applications. The retinal tracking system significantly enhances the imaging capabilities of the scanning laser ophthalmoscope...
- Imaging and visualization of pathology beneath the retinal surfaceAnn E Elsner
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 85:133-6. 2002..Advanced imaging techniques can help reveal these. Visualization and guiding the imaging to the appropriate area still remain as problems, in part due to the small scale of the pathology with respect to the potential area to be covered...
- Imaging polarimetry in age-related macular degenerationMasahiro Miura
Computational Optics and Ophthalmology Group, Tokyo Medical University, Tokyo, Japan
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 49:2661-7. 2008..To compare the information from two techniques--scanning laser polarimetry (GDx) and polarization-sensitive spectral-domain optical coherence tomography (OCT)--and investigate how they complement each other...
- [Evaluation of macular perimetry in patients with age-related macular degeneration using the scanning laser ophthalmoscope]Lúcio Moraes
Departamento de Oftalmologia, Faculdade de Medicina, Universidade de Sao Paulo, Sao Paulo, SP, Brazil
Arq Bras Oftalmol 70:844-50. 2007....
- Imaging polarimetry and retinal blood vessel quantification at the epiretinal membraneMasahiro Miura
Department of Ophthalmology, Tokyo Medical University, Japan
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 24:1431-7. 2007..Depolarized light images were useful for examining the retinal vasculature in the presence of retinal disease...
- Improved contrast of peripapillary hyperpigmentation using polarization analysisMariane B Mellem-Kairala
Schepens Eye Research Institute, Harvard Medical School, 20 Staniford Street, Boston, MA 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 46:1099-106. 2005..To improve detection and quantification of peripapillary hyperpigmentation, associated with aging, open-angle glaucoma, and age-related macular degeneration...
- Improved contrast of subretinal structures using polarization analysisStephen A Burns
The Schepens Eye Research Institute, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 44:4061-8. 2003..To improve the ability to detect and quantify the early retinal changes associated with aging, age-related maculopathy, and age-related macular degeneration...
- Identifying live nematodes in diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis by using the scanning laser ophthalmoscopeLúcio R Moraes
Centro Brasileiro de Cirurgia de Olhos, Av T2 no 401 Setor Bueno, Goiânia Goiás 74210 010, Brazil
Arch Ophthalmol 120:135-8. 2002..To describe use of the scanning laser ophthalmoscope (SLO) to identify live nematodes in patients with diffuse unilateral subacute neuroretinitis...
- Cone photopigment in older subjects: decreased optical density in early age-related macular degenerationAnn E Elsner
Schepens Eye Research Institute and Harvard University, Boston, Massachusetts 02114, USA
J Opt Soc Am A Opt Image Sci Vis 19:215-22. 2002..More light was needed to reduce the photopigment density by 50% in the steady state for patients. These results imply that cone photopigment optical density is reduced by factors other than slowed kinetics...
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..We will investigate the key features considered necessary for early detection grading, and also more the serious damage that is typically discovered late in the rural and urban underserved. ..
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Once developed, increased the functionality requires minimal added cost, providing energy efficiency by combining functions into a single device. ..
- SPATIAL EXTENT OF RETINAL DAMAGEANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Many of our methods use near infrared light, which improves patient comfort and provides views of the retina through moderate lens changes and fluid in the retina. ..
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingAnn E Elsner; Fiscal Year: 2010..While this project focuses on diabetic retinopathy in humans, future applications include other retinal disorders in both humans and animal models. ..
- Low-Cost Device for Digital Retinal ImagingANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..Finally, we will examine the image quality of this low cost LSDC for functions such as angiography. ..
- SPATIAL EXTENT OF RETINAL DAMAGEANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2004..abstract_text> ..
- SPATIAL EXTENT OF RETINAL DAMAGEANN ELSNER; Fiscal Year: 2001..These studies should provide tests for risk factors and noninvasive early detection, as well as possibly providing a better classification scheme and more accurate prognostic tests for patients with ARM/AMD. ..
- SPATIAL EXTENT OF RETINAL DAMAGEAnn E Elsner; Fiscal Year: 2010..We will test whether the damage can be modeled as the early occurrence of an inflammatory response that differs among individuals and who could benefit from personalized treatment. ..