Jeffry L Dudycha
Affiliation: Indiana University
- A multi-environment comparison of senescence between sister species of DaphniaJeffry L Dudycha
W K Kellogg Biological Station and Department of Zoology, Michigan State University, 3700 E Gull Lake Drive, Hickory Corners, MI 49060 9516, USA
Oecologia 135:555-63. 2003..This calls into question the utility of only studying mortality for understanding evolutionary change of senescence in nature...
- Pathogen frequency in an age-structured population of Plantago lanceolataJeffry L Dudycha
Department of Biology, Gilmer Hall, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA 22904 4328, USA
Oecologia 136:141-7. 2003..This pattern did not continue into 3-year-old plants. A possible explanation for this is that selective mortality allows only generally robust plants, and consequently the most resistant plants, to survive to the oldest ages...
- Conserved ontogeny and allometric scaling of resource acquisition and allocation in the DaphniidaeJeffry L Dudycha
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
Evolution 59:565-76. 2005..Using this approach, a wide range of interspecific variation in life-history features can be related to a single underlying trait, the size at first reproductive investment...
- Longitudinal analysis of Plantago: age-by-environment interactions reveal agingDeborah A Roach
Department of Biology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Virginia 22904 4328, USA
Ecology 90:1427-33. 2009..Neither size nor quantity of reproduction could explain this variation in mortality across cohorts. These results demonstrate demographic senescence in a natural population of plants...
- Ameiotic recombination in asexual lineages of DaphniaAngela R Omilian
Department of Biology, Indiana University, 1001 East Third Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 103:18638-43. 2006....
- Rates of recombination in the ribosomal DNA of apomictically propagated Daphnia obtusa linesSeanna J McTaggart
Department of Integrative Biology, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario N1G 2W1, Canada
Genetics 175:311-20. 2007....
- Viral transgenesis of embryonic cell cultures from the freshwater microcrustacean DaphniaChristy D Robinson
Department Tropical Medicine, Tulane University, New Orleans, Louisiana 70112, USA
J Exp Zoolog A Comp Exp Biol 305:62-7. 2006..VSV was found to replicate in the cells with no apparent cytopathic effect. Here we report the first evidence of gene transfer and foreign gene expression in cultures of Daphnia embryonic cells using a recombinant viral vector...
- Characterization and genetic analysis of aging in DaphniaJeffry L Dudycha; Fiscal Year: 2010....