Affiliation: Indiana University
- 'Online' geriatric assessment procedure for older adults referred for geriatric assessment during an acute care episode for consideration of reliability of triage decisionsLen Gray
Centre for Research in Geriatric Medicine, University of Queensland, Princess Alexandra Hospital, Woolloongabba, QLD 4102, Australia
BMC Geriatr 12:10. 2012..It will also explore the accuracy of the procedure in identifying common geriatric syndromes, and its cost relative to conventional "live" consultations...
- Cost analysis of the Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of Elders care management interventionSteven R Counsell
Center for Aging Research, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:1420-6. 2009..To provide, from the healthcare delivery system perspective, a cost analysis of the Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of Elders (GRACE) intervention, which is effective in improving quality of care and outcomes...
- Geriatric care management for low-income seniors: a randomized controlled trialSteven R Counsell
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
JAMA 298:2623-33. 2007..Low-income seniors frequently have multiple chronic medical conditions for which they often fail to receive the recommended standard of care...
- Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of Elders (GRACE): a new model of primary care for low-income seniorsSteven R Counsell
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 54:1136-41. 2006..The effectiveness of the GRACE intervention is being evaluated in a randomized, controlled trial...
- Web-based training in geriatrics for medical residents: a randomized controlled trial using standardized patients to assess outcomesGlenda R Westmoreland
Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 58:1163-9. 2010..More-intensive educational interventions are needed to improve clinical performance by trainees in the care of older patients...
- Development and implementation of a proactive geriatrics consultation model in collaboration with hospitalistsYoucef Sennour
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:2139-45. 2009..The Proactive Geriatrics Consultation Service represents a promising model of collaboration between hospitalists and geriatricians for improving care of hospitalized older adults...
- Improving medical student attitudes toward older patients through a "council of elders" and reflective writing experienceGlenda R Westmoreland
Department of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 57:315-20. 2009..A Council of Elders coupled with a reflective writing exercise is a promising new approach to improving attitudes of medical students toward their geriatric patients...
- Defining the domain of geriatric medicine in an urban public health system affiliated with an academic medical centerChristopher M Callahan
Department of Medicine, Center for Aging Research, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1802-6. 2008..There is a dynamic interplay between design features, reputation, and capacity that modulates volume, location, and type of patients seen by geriatrics...
- Effectiveness of collaborative care for older adults with Alzheimer disease in primary care: a randomized controlled trialChristopher M Callahan
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute Inc, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
JAMA 295:2148-57. 2006..Most older adults with dementia will be cared for by primary care physicians, but the primary care practice environment presents important challenges to providing quality care...
- Treatment of depression improves physical functioning in older adultsChristopher M Callahan
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:367-73. 2005..To determine the effect of collaborative care management for depression on physical functioning in older adults...
- Indiana University School of MedicineGlenda R Westmoreland
Acad Med 79:S57-60. 2004
- Physical symptoms as a predictor of health care use and mortality among older adultsMichael C Sha
Division of General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, USA
Am J Med 118:301-6. 2005..To describe the patterns of physical symptoms in older adults and to examine the validity of symptoms in predicting hospitalization and mortality...
- Recovery of activities of daily living in older adults after hospitalization for acute medical illnessCynthia M Boyd
Department of Medicine, Division of Geriatric Medicine, School of Medicine, John Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland 21224, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:2171-9. 2008....
- Quality improvement toward decreasing high-risk medications for older veteran outpatientsAlan J Zillich
Center for Excellence in Implementing Evidence Based Practices, Quality and Clinical Informatics Roudebush Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1299-305. 2008..To examine the effectiveness of a quality improvement program to decrease prescribing of high-risk medications...
- Reliability and validity of a steadiness scoreDaniel O Clark
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1582-6. 2005..To determine the internal consistency and construct and predictive validity of three survey questions regarding steadiness in a sample of community-dwelling lower-income older adults...
- Reports of financial disability predict functional decline and death in older patients discharged from the hospitalAlexander K Li
Veterans Affairs National Quality Scholars Fellowship Program, San Francisco, CA, USA
J Gen Intern Med 20:168-74. 2005..Therefore, we hypothesize that the inability to pay for basic needs, which we call financial disability, predicts adverse health outcomes in older patients discharged from the hospital...
- A national survey on the current status of family practice residency education in geriatric medicineIna Li
On Lok Senior Health Services, Institute of Aging, San Francisco, CA 94118, USA
Fam Med 35:35-41. 2003..Family practice residents need to be prepared to take care of this geriatric population. In this study, we document the past, current, and future trends of geriatric education in family practice residency programs...
- Unsteadiness reported by older hospitalized patients predicts functional declineElizabeth C Lindenberger
Division of Geriatrics, San Francisco VA Medical Center, California 94121, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:621-6. 2003....
- Loss of independence in activities of daily living in older adults hospitalized with medical illnesses: increased vulnerability with ageKenneth E Covinsky
Division of Geriatrics, University of California at San Francisco, San Francisco, California, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 51:451-8. 2003..To describe the changes in activities of daily living (ADL) function occurring before and after hospital admission in older people hospitalized with medical illness and to assess the effect of age on loss of ADL function...
- Disparities between black and white patients in functional improvement after hospitalization for an acute illnessLaura P Sands
School of Nursing, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 53:1811-6. 2005....
- Measuring and communicating the value of geriatricsChristopher M Callahan
J Am Geriatr Soc 50:1741-3. 2002
- Geriatric Resources for Assessment and Care of EldersSteven Counsell; Fiscal Year: 2005....