Genomes and Genes
James C Costello
Affiliation: Indiana University
- EST and microarray analysis of horn development in Onthophagus beetlesTeiya Kijimoto
Department of Biology, Indiana University, Bloomington, Indiana 47405, USA
BMC Genomics 10:504. 2009..Here we explore the genetic and genomic basis of a class of traits that is both novel and highly diverse, in a group of organisms that is ecologically complex and experimentally tractable: horned beetles...
- Gene networks in Drosophila melanogaster: integrating experimental data to predict gene functionJames C Costello
School of Informatics, Indiana University, E, Tenth St, Bloomington, Indiana 47408, USA
Genome Biol 10:R97. 2009..Collectively, the growing body of high-throughput functional genomics data provides evidence of gene function, but remains difficult to interpret...
- All human-specific gene losses are present in the genome as pseudogenesDaniel R Schrider
Department of Biology and School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
J Comput Biol 16:1419-27. 2009..Supplementary Material is provided (see online Supplementary Material at www.liebertonline.com )...
- From protein-disease associations to disease informaticsMehmet M Dalkilic
School of Informatics, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN 47408, USA
Front Biosci 13:3391-407. 2008..In such an approach, major data collection is yet to be done and comprehensive computational models are yet to be developed...
- "Reverse ecology" and the power of population genomicsYong Fuga Li
School of Informatics, Indiana University, Bloomington, IN, USA
Evolution 62:2984-94. 2008..We conclude that interpreting the results produced by this method should be done with some caution...