Genomes and Genes
Ariel F Castro
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Rheb binds tuberous sclerosis complex 2 (TSC2) and promotes S6 kinase activation in a rapamycin- and farnesylation-dependent mannerAriel F Castro
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 278:32493-6. 2003..The ability of Rheb to induce S6 phosphorylation was also inhibited by a farnesyl transferase inhibitor, suggesting that Rheb may be responsible for the Ras-independent anti-neoplastic properties of this drug...
- The RAP1 guanine nucleotide exchange factor Epac2 couples cyclic AMP and Ras signals at the plasma membraneYu Li
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine, and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
J Biol Chem 281:2506-14. 2006..Therefore, despite its previous description as a Ras antagonist or independently functioning GTPase, Rap1/Krev-1 may additionally act downstream of Ras in cells that express the cyclic AMP-regulated GEF, Epac2...
- Measuring Ras-family GTP levels in vivo--running hot and coldAriel F Castro
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Indiana University School of Medicine and Walther Cancer Institute, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Methods 37:190-6. 2005..Here we describe the detection of M-Ras and Rap1 activity by GST-RBD pull-down as well as that of Rheb and epitope-tagged R-Ras by classical metabolic labeling and immunoprecipitation...
- AND-34 activates phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and induces anti-estrogen resistance in a SH2 and GDP exchange factor-like domain-dependent mannerKyriacos N Felekkis
Department of Medicine, Section of Hematology and Oncology, Boston Medical Center, Boston, MA 02118, USA
Mol Cancer Res 3:32-41. 2005..Our studies suggest that AND-34-mediated PI3K activation induces Rac activation and anti-estrogen resistance in human breast cancer cell lines...
- A growing family of guanine nucleotide exchange factors is responsible for activation of Ras-family GTPasesLawrence A Quilliam
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular, Biology and Walther Oncology Center, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202, USA
Prog Nucleic Acid Res Mol Biol 71:391-444. 2002....
- Nucleotide triphosphatase activity of the N-terminal nucleotide-binding domains of the multidrug resistance proteins P-glycoprotein and MRP1Denise M Wilkes
Membrane Protein Laboratory, Department of Physiology and Biophysics, The University of Texas Medical Branch Galveston, 301 University Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77555 0437, USA
Biochem Biophys Res Commun 296:388-94. 2002..These results show efficient GTP hydrolysis by the NBD1s of Pgp and MRP1, and a minor role of phosphorylation in the control of Pgp NBD1 ATPase activity...