C M Callahan
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Hospitalization for pneumonia among older adultsC M Callahan
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, USA
J Gerontol A Biol Sci Med Sci 51:M276-82. 1996..The purpose of this study is to describe the frequency, costs, and risk factors for hospitalization for pneumonia among older adults with particular attention to the effect of functional disability...
- Quality improvement research on late life depression in primary careC M Callahan
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, Indiana, USA
Med Care 39:772-84. 2001..Although many of these patients fail to seek or fail to receive care for depression, the majority will be seen in primary care for the treatment of other conditions...
- Cognitive impairment and mortality in older primary care patientsT E Stump
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202-2859, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:934-40. 2001..Mild cognitive impairment is not associated with mortality risk, but a longer follow-up period may be necessary to identify this risk if it exists...
- Mortality, symptoms, and functional impairment in late-life depressionC M Callahan
Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Richard L. Roudebush VAMC and the Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis 46202-2859, USA
J Gen Intern Med 13:746-52. 1998..Moreover, decline in physical functioning was independently correlated with a concurrent increase in depressive symptoms...
- Healthcare costs associated with percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy among older adults in a defined communityC M Callahan
Indiana University Center for Aging Research, Regenstrief Institute for Health Care, Indianapolis 46202, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 49:1525-9. 2001..Also, feeding patients via PEG resulted in cost shifts in terms of the primary payor. The economic cost of PEG tube feeding is another consideration in decision making for long-term enteral feeding among older adults...