Paula J Bice
Affiliation: Indiana University
- Identification of QTLs influencing alcohol preference in the High Alcohol Preferring (HAP) and Low Alcohol Preferring (LAP) mouse linesPaula J Bice
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, 46202, USA
Behav Genet 36:248-60. 2006..19; p<0.0008) than male mice (LOD=1.19). This study provides additional evidence and confirmation that specific regions on chromosomes 9 and perhaps 2 are important for alcohol preference...
- Drd2 expression in the high alcohol-preferring and low alcohol-preferring micePaula J Bice
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Medical Research and Library Building, Room 411, 975 W Walnut St, Indianapolis, IN, 46202, USA
Mamm Genome 19:69-76. 2008..These results suggest that the SNP may play a role in the differential expression of Drd2 between the HAP and LAP mice and that the polymorphism in Drd2 may contribute to alcohol preference...
- Genomewide SNP screen to detect quantitative trait loci for alcohol preference in the high alcohol preferring and low alcohol preferring micePaula Bice
Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, Indiana University, Indianapolis, Indiana 46202, USA
Alcohol Clin Exp Res 33:531-7. 2009..The HAP1 and LAP1 mice are essentially noninbred lines that originated from the outbred colony of HS/Ibg mice, a heterogeneous stock developed from intercrossing 8 inbred strains of mice...
- Fine mapping and expression of candidate genes within the chromosome 10 QTL region of the high and low alcohol-drinking ratsPaula J Bice
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Medical Research and Library Building, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Alcohol 44:477-85. 2010..All six genes showed differential expression in at least one brain region. Of the genes tested in this study, Crebbp and Mapk8ip3 may be the most promising candidates with regard to alcohol drinking...
- Fine mapping quantitative trait loci that influence alcohol preference behavior in the High and Low Alcohol Preferring (HAP and LAP) micePaula J Bice
Department of Medicine, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Behav Genet 41:565-70. 2011..Our results using a dense set of SNP markers suggest that there are multiple loci contributing to alcohol preference on those three chromosomes...
- Identification of Genes for Alcohol Preference in Noninbred Rats and MicePaula Bice; Fiscal Year: 2009..abstract_text> ..