Affiliation: Indian Health Service
- Regional patterns and trends in cancer mortality among American Indians and Alaska Natives, 1990-2001David Espey
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cancer 103:1045-53. 2005..National estimates of cancer mortality indicate relatively low rates for American Indians (AIs) and Alaska Natives (ANs). However, these rates are derived from state vital records in which racial misclassification is known to exist...
- A survey of Indian Health Service and tribal health providers' colorectal cancer screening knowledge, perceptions, and practicesDonald Haverkamp
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, National Center for Chronic Disease Prevention and Health Promotion, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 22:243-57. 2011..We examined Indian Health Service (IHS) and tribal provider practices, beliefs about screening efficacy, and perceptions of barriers...
- Bolivian health providers' attitudes toward alternative technologies for cervical cancer prevention: a focus on visual inspection with acetic acid and cryotherapyAnalía Romina Stormo
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Georgia 30341, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 21:801-8. 2012..This study describes attitudes of Bolivian health professionals toward new technologies for cervical cancer prevention, focusing on VIA and cryotherapy...
- Invasive cervical cancer among American Indian women in the Northern Plains, 1994-1998: incidence, mortality, and missed opportunitiesRichard F Leman
Epidemic Intelligence Service, Division of Applied Public Health Training, Epidemiology Program Office, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Public Health Rep 120:283-7. 2005..6 per 100,000 vs. 3.1 per 100,000, age adjusted) when last evaluated (from 1989 through 1993). Our goals were to update the AI/AN population cervical cancer mortality rates and to present incidence rates for AI/AN women in the region...
- Comprehensive cancer control programs and coalitions: partnering to launch successful colorectal cancer screening initiativesLaura C Seeff
Division of Cancer Prevention and Control, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer Causes Control 21:2023-31. 2010..This paper summarizes several national initiatives and features several Comprehensive Cancer Control Program colorectal cancer control successes...
- IUD-related knowledge, attitudes and practices among Navajo Area Indian Health Service providersEve Espey
Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 35:169-73. 2003..Identifying barriers to use--including those stemming from providers' IUD-related knowledge, attitudes and practices--could help expand use of the method...