Michael A Thomas
Affiliation: Idaho State University
- An ecological study on childhood autismSophie St-Hilaire
Department of Health Management, Atlantic Veterinary College, University of Prince Edward Island, 550 University Avenue, Charlottetown, PE C1A 4P3, Canada
Int J Health Geogr 11:44. 2012....
- Psychoactive pharmaceuticals induce fish gene expression profiles associated with human idiopathic autismMichael A Thomas
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University School, Pocatello, Idaho, United States of America
PLoS ONE 7:e32917. 2012..Our findings suggest a new potential trigger for idiopathic autism in genetically susceptible individuals involving an overlooked source of environmental contamination...
- Gene-class analysis of expression patterns induced by psychoactive pharmaceutical exposure in fathead minnow (Pimephales promelas) indicates induction of neuronal systemsMichael A Thomas
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Stop 8007, 921 S 8th Ave, Pocatello, ID 83209 8007, USA
Comp Biochem Physiol C Toxicol Pharmacol 155:109-20. 2012..The results provide a new perspective for the consideration of potential consequence for human health due to environmental exposure to unmetabolized psychoactive pharmaceuticals...
- Evidence of positive selection at codon sites localized in extracellular domains of mammalian CC motif chemokine receptor proteinsKelsey J Metzger
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Pocatello, 83209, USA
BMC Evol Biol 10:139. 2010..adaptive evolution (positive selection) hypothesis testing using Site Models are reported. In general, positive selection is defined by a ratio of nonsynonymous/synonymous nucleotide changes (dN/dS, or omega) >1...
- The monosaccharide transporter gene family in land plants is ancient and shows differential subfamily expression and expansion across lineagesDeborah A Johnson
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Campus Box 8007, Pocatello, ID, USA
BMC Evol Biol 6:64. 2006....
- Gene set enrichment analysis of microarray data from Pimephales promelas (Rafinesque), a non-mammalian model organismMichael A Thomas
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Stop 8007, 921 S 8th Ave, Pocatello Idaho 83209 8007, USA
BMC Genomics 12:66. 2011..Using GSEA, we tested the hypothesis that fathead livers, in response to methylmercury exposure, would exhibit gene expression patterns similar to diseased human livers...
- Model use in phylogenetics: nine key questionsScot A Kelchner
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, Pocatello, ID 83209 8007, USA
Trends Ecol Evol 22:87-94. 2007..Here, we examine these and other common questions and draw conclusions about how the community is using and choosing models, and where this process will take us next...
- The monosaccharide transporter gene family in Arabidopsis and rice: a history of duplications, adaptive evolution, and functional divergenceDeborah A Johnson
Department of Biological Sciences, Idaho State University, USA
Mol Biol Evol 24:2412-23. 2007..Our data suggest that the NF, SF, and SNF models describe different outcomes along a continuum of divergence resulting from initial conditions of relaxed constraint after duplication...