- Giant tunnelling magnetoresistance at room temperature with MgO (100) tunnel barriers
Stuart S P Parkin
IBM Research Division, IBM Almaden Research Center, IBM Infineon MRAM Development Alliance, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Nat Mater 3:862-7. 2004
..Such high values of spin polarization and TMR in readily manufactureable and highly thermally stable devices (up to 400 degrees C) will accelerate the development of new families of spintronic devices...
- Suppression of ionic liquid gate-induced metallization of SrTiO3(001) by oxygen
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California, United States
Nano Lett 13:4675-8. 2013
..The suppression of the gating effect is consistent with electric field induced migration of oxygen that we model by oxygen-induced carrier annihilation. ..
- Crystal-facet-dependent metallization in electrolyte-gated rutile TiO2 single crystals
Thomas D Schladt
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California 95120, United States
ACS Nano 7:8074-81. 2013
..These effects take place at even relatively modest gate voltages. ..
- Subnanosecond incubation times for electric-field-induced metallization of a correlated electron oxide
Justin S Brockman
1 IBM Research Division, Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120 6099, USA 2 Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University, 348 Via Pueblo, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Nat Nanotechnol 9:453-8. 2014
..We show that these incubation times can be accounted for by purely thermal effects and that intrinsic electronic-switching mechanisms may only be revealed using larger electric fields at even shorter timescales. ..
- Discrete Domain Wall Positioning Due to Pinning in Current Driven Motion along Nanowires
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, United States
Nano Lett 11:96-100. 2011
..This results from DW relaxation after the end of the current pulse into local energy minima, likely derived from imperfections in the nanowire...
- Dynamics of magnetic domain walls under their own inertia
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA, USA
Science 330:1810-3. 2010
..Thus, independent of its inertia, a domain wall can be accurately positioned using properly timed current pulses...
- Chiral spin torque arising from proximity-induced magnetization
Kwang Su Ryu
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Nat Commun 5:3910. 2014
..High domain velocities are found where there are large proximity-induced magnetizations in the interfaced metal layers. ..
- Spin injection and detection in lanthanum- and niobium-doped SrTiO3 using the Hanle technique
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Nat Commun 4:2134. 2013
..Our results reveal a severe limitation of the three-terminal Hanle technique for measuring spin lifetimes within the interior of the subject material...
- Suppression of metal-insulator transition in VO2 by electric field-induced oxygen vacancy formation
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA 95120, USA
Science 339:1402-5. 2013
..This mechanism should be taken into account in the interpretation of ionic liquid gating experiments...
- Enhanced stochasticity of domain wall motion in magnetic racetracks due to dynamic pinning
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA 95120, USA
Nat Commun 1:25. 2010
..As a result, the DW periodically releases energy and thereby becomes more susceptible to pinning by local imperfections in the racetrack...
- Observation of edge transport in the disordered regime of topologically insulating InAs/GaSb quantum wells
IBM Research Almaden, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Phys Rev Lett 112:026602. 2014
..Both quantized and self-averaged transport show resilience to magnetic fields, and are temperature independent for temperatures between 20 mK and 1 K...
- Role of percolation in the conductance of electrolyte-gated SrTiO3
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California, USA
Phys Rev Lett 109:196803. 2012
..We postulate that this derives from nonpercolative transport due to inhomogeneous electric fields from imperfectly ordered ions at the electrolyte-oxide interface...
- Increased Tunneling Magnetoresistance Using Normally bcc CoFe Alloy Electrodes Made Amorphous without Glass Forming Additives
IBM Research Division, Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California 95120, USA and Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Phys Rev Lett 102:247205. 2009
..Indeed, x-ray emission spectroscopy shows a significant increase in the Fe, but not the Co, 3d density of states at the Fermi energy for thin amorphous CoFe layers...