- Giant tunnelling magnetoresistance at room temperature with MgO (100) tunnel barriers
Stuart S P Parkin
IBM Research Division, IBM Almaden Research Center, IBM Infineon MRAM Development Alliance, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Nat Mater 3:862-7. 2004
..Such high values of spin polarization and TMR in readily manufactureable and highly thermally stable devices (up to 400 degrees C) will accelerate the development of new families of spintronic devices...
- Discrete Domain Wall Positioning Due to Pinning in Current Driven Motion along Nanowires
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, California 95120, United States
Nano Lett 11:96-100. 2011
..This results from DW relaxation after the end of the current pulse into local energy minima, likely derived from imperfections in the nanowire...
- Dynamics of magnetic domain walls under their own inertia
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA, USA
Science 330:1810-3. 2010
..Thus, independent of its inertia, a domain wall can be accurately positioned using properly timed current pulses...
- Suppression of metal-insulator transition in VO2 by electric field-induced oxygen vacancy formation
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, CA 95120, USA
Science 339:1402-5. 2013
..This mechanism should be taken into account in the interpretation of ionic liquid gating experiments...
- Spin injection and detection in lanthanum- and niobium-doped SrTiO3 using the Hanle technique
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California 95120, USA
Nat Commun 4:2134. 2013
..Our results reveal a severe limitation of the three-terminal Hanle technique for measuring spin lifetimes within the interior of the subject material...
- Enhanced stochasticity of domain wall motion in magnetic racetracks due to dynamic pinning
IBM Almaden Research Center, 650 Harry Road, San Jose, CA 95120, USA
Nat Commun 1:25. 2010
..As a result, the DW periodically releases energy and thereby becomes more susceptible to pinning by local imperfections in the racetrack...
- Role of percolation in the conductance of electrolyte-gated SrTiO3
IBM Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California, USA
Phys Rev Lett 109:196803. 2012
..We postulate that this derives from nonpercolative transport due to inhomogeneous electric fields from imperfectly ordered ions at the electrolyte-oxide interface...
- Increased Tunneling Magnetoresistance Using Normally bcc CoFe Alloy Electrodes Made Amorphous without Glass Forming Additives
IBM Research Division, Almaden Research Center, San Jose, California 95120, USA and Department of Applied Physics, Stanford University, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Phys Rev Lett 102:247205. 2009
..Indeed, x-ray emission spectroscopy shows a significant increase in the Fe, but not the Co, 3d density of states at the Fermi energy for thin amorphous CoFe layers...