Affiliation: Gulf Diabetes Center
Location: Manama, Bahrain
Consultant Endocrinology and Diabetes. Medical Director of the large Gulf Diabetes Center in Bahrain. American Board in Internal Medicine and Diabetes and Endocrinology. Trained in the Cleveland Clinic Foundation Ohio USA and received the AACE award for research in USA.
- Hyperfunctioning intrathyroidal parathyroid carcinomaWiam I Hussein
Section Head, Diabetes and Endocrinology Center, PO Box 35051, Dammam 31488, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Saudi Med J 27:1226-9. 2006..She had successful video-assisted parathyroidectomy that relieved most of her symptoms. The extreme rarity of such a case, the interesting clinical presentation and review of the literature are discussed...
- Prevalence of diabetes in patients with multiple sclerosisWiam I Hussein
Diabetes Care 29:1984-5. 2006
- Visual vignette. Secondary hyperparathyroidismWiam I Hussein
Saad Specialist Hospital, Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Endocr Pract 12:343-30. 2006
- Ectopic adrenocorticotropic hormone syndrome caused by metastatic carcinoma of the prostate: therapeutic response to ketoconazoleWiam I Hussein
Department of Endocrinology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, Cleveland, Ohio, USA
Endocr Pract 8:381-4. 2002
- Visual vignette. Mediastinal mass due to substernal goiterWiam I Hussein
Saad Specialist Hospital, Al Khobar, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Endocr Pract 8:244. 2002
- Autoantibodies to IA-2 and GAD65 in patients with type 2 diabetes mellitus of varied duration: prevalence and correlation with clinical featuresY Z Grasso
Department of Clinical Pathology, L30, The Cleveland Clinic Foundation, 9500 Euclid Avenue, Cleveland, OH 44195, USA
Endocr Pract 7:339-45. 2001..166; P = 0.48). CONCLUSION: Irrespective of duration of disease, measurement of IA-2Ab and GADAb can help to identify those patients with type 2 diabetes most likely to require insulin therapy...
- Effectiveness of mobile phone short message service on diabetes mellitus management; the SMS-DM studyWiam I Hussein
Gulf Diabetes and Endocrinology Center, Manama, Bahrain
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 94:e24-6. 2011..To test the feasibility of short message service (SMS) usage between the clinic visits and to evaluate its effect on glycemic control in uncontrolled type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (DM) subjects...