Affiliation: Huntington Medical Research Institutes
- Swift Acetate Glial Assay (SAGA): an accelerated human ¹³C MRS brain exam for clinical diagnostic useNapapon Sailasuta
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, United States
J Magn Reson 207:352-5. 2010..6 min. Results obtained from the new short method (SAGA) were comparable to those achieved in a conventional, long method and effective for determination of glial metabolic rate in posterior-parietal and frontal brain regions...
- Glial dysfunction in abstinent methamphetamine abusersNapapon Sailasuta
Clinical Spectroscopy Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, California 91105, USA
J Cereb Blood Flow Metab 30:950-60. 2010....
- Evidence of reduced glutamate in the frontal lobe of HIV-seropositive patientsNapapon Sailasuta
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
NMR Biomed 22:326-31. 2009..Our findings suggest that Glu neurotransmission is abnormal and may be a key target for early interventions to reduce the later incidence of neurocognitive impairment and dementia among HIV-seropositive patients...
- Regional variations and the effects of age and gender on glutamate concentrations in the human brainNapapon Sailasuta
Department of Medicine, John A Burns School of Medicine, University of Hawaii, Honolulu, HI 96813, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 26:667-75. 2008..Our results also highlight the importance of brain region, age and gender matching in clinical studies...
- Clinical NOE 13C MRS for neuropsychiatric disorders of the frontal lobeNapapon Sailasuta
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Clinical MRS Unit, 10 Pico Street, Pasadena, CA, USA
J Magn Reson 195:219-25. 2008..5 T. We predict these will be clinically useful biomarkers in many human neuropsychiatric and genetic conditions...
- Hyperpolarized water as an MR imaging contrast agent: feasibility of in vivo imaging in a rat modelMark D Lingwood
Department of Chemistry, University of California, Santa Barbara, Mesa Road, Santa Barbara, CA 93106, USA
Radiology 265:418-25. 2012..To assess the feasibility of a perfusion magnetic resonance (MR) imaging technique that uses Overhauser dynamic nuclear polarization (DNP) to provide contrast during the continuous delivery of hyperpolarized water in rats...
- Real-time molecular imaging of tricarboxylic acid cycle metabolism in vivo by hyperpolarized 1-(13)C diethyl succinateNiki M Zacharias
Enhanced MR Laboratory, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, California, USA
J Am Chem Soc 134:934-43. 2012....
- MR spectroscopy in diagnosis and neurological decision-makingVictor Xu
Clinical Magnetic Resonance Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, 10 Pico Street, Pasadena, CA 91105, USA
Semin Neurol 28:407-22. 2008..In this review, the authors explain the technical and neurochemical aspects of MRS and critically discuss its clinical neuroimaging applications...
- Application of NMR spectroscopy in medicinal chemistry and drug discoveryBrian Ross
Clinical Magnetic Resonance Spectroscopy Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
Curr Top Med Chem 11:93-114. 2011..Finally, recognizing that a known feature of MR is the lack of sensitivity, we describe new efforts to harness hyperpolarization, with its 50,000 signal amplification, to conventional MRS...
- Change in brain magnetic resonance spectroscopy after treatment during acute HIV infectionNapapon Sailasuta
Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e49272. 2012..We used MRS to measure brain changes during the first weeks following HIV infection and in response to antiretroviral therapy (ART)...
- Minimally invasive biomarker confirms glial activation present in Alzheimer's disease: a preliminary studyNapapon Sailasuta
Clinical MR Unit, Huntington Medical Research Institutes, Pasadena, CA, USA
Neuropsychiatr Dis Treat 7:495-9. 2011..The value of (13)C MRS as an early, noninvasive biomarker may lie in the conduct of cost-effective clinical trials...
- Reproducibility of GABA measurements using 2D J-resolved magnetic resonance spectroscopyKatherine Lymer
Division of Psychiatry, School of Molecular and Clinical Medicine, University of Edinburgh, Royal Edinburgh Hospital, Morningside Park, Edinburgh, UK
Magn Reson Imaging 25:634-40. 2007..In vivo, the CV for GABA measurement was 26%, suggesting that 2D J-resolved MRS would be suitable for detecting physiological changes in GABA, similar to those reported using other methods...
- 1H MR spectroscopy using TE averaged PRESS: a more sensitive technique to detect neurodegeneration associated with Alzheimer's diseaseIleana Hancu
GE Global Research Center, One Research Circle, K1 NMR138, Niskayuna, NY 12309, USA
Magn Reson Med 53:777-82. 2005..This increased sensitivity enables new MR applications and, among other benefits, allows for smaller group sizes in drug trials, which can significantly reduce the cost of such trials...
- Evidence of elevated glutamate in multiple sclerosis using magnetic resonance spectroscopy at 3 TRadhika Srinivasan
Center for Molecular and Functional Imaging, Department of Radiology, University of California San Francisco, 185 Berry Street, 350, San Francisco, CA 94107 1739, USA
Brain 128:1016-25. 2005..001) myo-inositol levels in acute lesions compared with control white matter. These in vivo results support the hypothesis that altered glutamate metabolism is present in brains of multiple sclerosis patients...
- Design of symmetric-sweep spectral-spatial RF pulses for spectral editingCharles H Cunningham
Department of Electrical Engineering, Stanford University, Stanford, California, USA
Magn Reson Med 52:147-53. 2004..5 T and 3 T. The spectral and spatial spin-echo profiles of the new pulses were measured experimentally. Spectra acquired in phantom experiments showed a well-resolved, edited lactate doublet, with 91% to 93% editing efficiency...
- A comparative study of myo-inositol quantification using LCmodel at 1.5 T and 3.0 T with 3 D 1H proton spectroscopic imaging of the human brainRadhika Srinivasan
Magnetic Resonance Science Center, University of California, AC109, Box 1290, San Francisco, CA 94143, USA
Magn Reson Imaging 22:523-8. 2004..Using data from normal controls and the LCmodel quantification procedure, we found that the quantification precision, reproducibility and detection sensitivity of myo-inositol is significantly better at 3 T relative to 1.5 T...
- Measurement of brain glutamate using TE-averaged PRESS at 3TRalph Hurd
GE Medical Systems, Menlo Park, California, USA
Magn Reson Med 51:435-40. 2004..A repeatibility error of <5%, and a coefficient of variation (CV) of <10% were observed for brain Glu levels in a study of six normal volunteers...
- Detection of myoglobin desaturation in Mirounga angustirostris during apneaPaul J Ponganis
Center for Marine Biotechnology and Biomedicine, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California San Diego, La Jolla 92093-0204, California, USA
Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 282:R267-72. 2002..The study establishes a firm methodological basis for using NMR to investigate the metabolic responses during sleep apnea of the elephant seal and to secure insights into oxygen regulation in diving mammals...
- MR Spectroscopy to Study Brain Glutamate in HIV/AIDS and Methamphetamine UsersNapapon Sailasuta; Fiscal Year: 2007..Findings from the proposed research will guide me in my future research direction. ..