- Effects of Pd-bacteriopheophorbide (TOOKAD)-mediated photodynamic therapy on canine prostate pretreated with ionizing radiationZheng Huang
HealthONE Alliance, Denver, Colorado 80203, USA
Radiat Res 161:723-31. 2004....
- Effects of photodynamic therapy on peripheral nerve: in situ compound-action potentials study in a canine modelKenneth C Dole
HealthONE, Denver, Colorado 80203, USA
Photomed Laser Surg 23:172-6. 2005..Our aim is to investigate the effects of photodynamic therapy (PDT) on peripheral nerve conductivity...
- Photodynamic therapy for treatment of solid tumors--potential and technical challengesZheng Huang
University of Colorado Denver, Aurora Campus, CO, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 7:309-20. 2008..This review will discuss the recent progress and technical challenges of various forms of interstitial PDT for the treatment of parenchymal and/or stromal tissues of solid tumors...
- The effect of Tookad-mediated photodynamic ablation of the prostate gland on adjacent tissues--in vivo study in a canine modelZheng Huang
AMC Cancer Research Center and Department of Radiation Oncology, Aurora, Colorado, USA
Photochem Photobiol Sci 6:1318-24. 2007..Direct intraurethral irradiation might provide an ideal means to determine the sensitivity of the prostatic urethra and might lead to transurethral PDT protocols for the management of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BHP)...
- Hyperoxygenation enhances the tumor cell killing of photofrin-mediated photodynamic therapyZheng Huang
Research and Development, HealthONE Alliance, Denver, CO 80203, USA
Photochem Photobiol 78:496-502. 2003..This study further confirms our earlier observation that when a PDT treatment is combined with hyperoxygenation it can be more effective in controlling hypoxic tumors...
- Studies of a vascular-acting photosensitizer, Pd-bacteriopheophorbide (Tookad), in normal canine prostate and spontaneous canine prostate cancerZheng Huang
HealthONE Alliance, Denver, Colorado 80203, USA
Lasers Surg Med 36:390-7. 2005..Photodynamic therapy (PDT) mediated with Tookad (Pd-bacteriopheophorbide, WST09) was investigated pre-clinically as part of a program to develop an alternative modality for treating prostate cancer...
- A review of progress in clinical photodynamic therapyZ Huang
HealthONE Alliance, 899 Logan Street, Suite 203, Denver, CO 80203, USA
Technol Cancer Res Treat 4:283-93. 2005..This review will focus on new developments of clinical investigation and discuss the usefulness of various forms of PDT techniques for curative or palliative treatment of malignant and non-malignant diseases...
- Preclinical studies in normal canine prostate of a novel palladium-bacteriopheophorbide (WST09) photosensitizer for photodynamic therapy of prostate cancersQun Chen
HealthONE Alliance, Denver, CO 80218, USA
Photochem Photobiol 76:438-45. 2002..Hence, Tookad-PDT appears to be a promising candidate for prostate ablation in patients with recurrent, or possibly even primary, prostate cancer...
- Optical profiles of cathode ray tube and liquid crystal display monitors: implication in cutaneous phototoxicity in photodynamic therapyTim C Lei
Department of Electrical Engineering, University of Colorado Denver, Denver, Colorado 80217, USA
Appl Opt 52:2711-7. 2013....
- Magnetic resonance imaging correlated with the histopathological effect of Pd-bacteriopheophorbide (Tookad) photodynamic therapy on the normal canine prostate glandZheng Huang
Radiation Oncology Department, University of Colorado at Denver and Health Sciences Center, Aurora, Colorado 80045, USA
Lasers Surg Med 38:672-81. 2006..To determine the optimal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) methodology to assess photodynamic therapy (PDT)-induced histopathological responses in the prostate...
- Improvement of tumor response by manipulation of tumor oxygenation during photodynamic therapyQun Chen
Research and Development, HealthONE Alliance, Denver, CO, USA
Photochem Photobiol 76:197-203. 2002..In conclusion, hyperoxygenation may provide effective ways to improve PDT efficiency by oxygenating both preexisting and treatment-induced cell hypoxia...
- Optical properties of hematoporphyrin monomethyl ether (HMME), a PDT photosensitizerTim C Lei
Department of Electrical Engineering, Colorado Advanced Photonics Technology CAPT Laboratory, University of Colorado Denver, CO, USA
Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther 9:232-42. 2012..The effects of photobleaching were probed to characterize its decay kinetics. Additionally, we determined time resolved fluorescence and thermal effects on fluorescence and absorption properties...
- An update on the regulatory status of PDT photosensitizers in ChinaZheng Huang
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of Colorado Denver, Aurora, CO 80045, USA zheng
Photodiagnosis Photodyn Ther 5:285-7. 2008..This short report will summarize the current regulatory status of Chinese photosensitizers developed for photodynamic therapy (PDT)...
- Differential expressions of cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitors (p27 and p21) and their relation to p53 and Ki-67 in oral squamous tumorigenesisHong Ran Choi
Department of Pathology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030, USA
Int J Oncol 22:409-14. 2003....
- Optimization of a tertiary alcohol series of phosphodiesterase-4 (PDE4) inhibitors: structure-activity relationship related to PDE4 inhibition and human ether-a-go-go related gene potassium channel binding affinityRichard W Friesen
Department of Biology and Medicinal Chemistry, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, P O Box 1005, Pointe Claire Dorval, Quebec, H9R 4P8, Canada
J Med Chem 46:2413-26. 2003..3d exhibited good in vivo efficacy in several models of pulmonary function with a wide therapeutic index with respect to emesis and prolongation of the QTc interval...
- Study of protoporphyrin IX (PpIX) pharmacokinetics after topical application of 5-aminolevulinic acid in urethral condylomata acuminataXiu Li Wang
Shanghai Skin Diseases and STD Hospital, Shanghai, China, and University of Colorado at Denver, USA
Photochem Photobiol 83:1069-73. 2007..DNA typing showed that all patients were positive for low risk-HPV DNA and among them 18.3% of patients harbored high risk-HPV DNA...
- Photodynamic therapy for malignant and non-malignant diseases: clinical investigation and applicationYong Gang Qiang
Department of Experiment Nuclear Medicine, Guangzhou Medical College, Guangzhou 510182, China
Chin Med J (Engl) 119:845-57. 2006
- Photoimmunotherapy for cancer treatmentWei R Chen
Department of Physics and Engineering, University of Central Oklahoma, 100 North University Drive, Edmond, OK 73034, USA
J Environ Pathol Toxicol Oncol 25:281-91. 2006..The immune responses induced by phototherapy and enhanced by immunotherapy could become important mechanism in the control of metastatic tumors...
- Preferential inhibition of human phosphodiesterase 4 by ibudilastZheng Huang
Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Kirkland, Quebec, Canada
Life Sci 78:2663-8. 2006....
- Catalytic inactivation of protein tyrosine phosphatase CD45 and protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B by polyaromatic quinonesQingping Wang
Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Merck Frosst Centre for Therapeutic Research, Post Office Box 1005, Pointe Claire, Dorval, Quebec H9R 4P8, Canada
Biochemistry 43:4294-303. 2004..Aberrant phosphotyrosine homeostasis resulting from continued polyaromatic hydrocarbon quinone exposure may play a significant role in their disease etiology...
- [Protective effects of losartan against myocardial ischemic reperfusion in intact canine]Yun Yang
Department of Cardiology, People s Hospital of Taiping, Dongguang 523900, China
Di Yi Jun Yi Da Xue Xue Bao 25:580-1. 2005..To evaluate the protective effect of losartan, an angiotensin II type 1 (AT1) receptor antagonist, against myocardial ischemic reperfusion in intact canine...