Grant D Huang
- Scientific and organizational collaboration in comparative effectiveness research: the VA cooperative studies program modelGrant D Huang
Cooperative Studies Program Central Office, US Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia 20420, USA
Am J Med 123:e24-31. 2010..Future program directions are also presented to highlight areas of emphasis and implications for CER within the VA and nationally...
- An economic analysis of robot-assisted therapy for long-term upper-limb impairment after strokeTodd H Wagner
VA Palo Alto Health Economics Resource Center and Department of Health Research and Policy, Stanford University, 795 Willow Road, 152 MPD, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA
Stroke 42:2630-2. 2011..Stroke is a leading cause of disability. Rehabilitation robotics have been developed to aid in recovery after a stroke. This study determined the additional cost of robot-assisted therapy and tested its cost-effectiveness...
- Challenges in the design and conduct of controlled clinical effectiveness trials in schizophreniaRobert A Rosenheck
Veterans Affairs VA Connecticut Healthcare System, West Haven, CT, USA
Clin Trials 8:196-204. 2011....
- Integrating tobacco cessation into mental health care for posttraumatic stress disorder: a randomized controlled trialMiles McFall
Veterans Affairs Puget Sound Health Care System, 1660 S Columbian Way, S 116 MHC, Seattle, WA 98108, USA
JAMA 304:2485-93. 2010..Most smokers with mental illness do not receive tobacco cessation treatment...
- Robot-assisted therapy for long-term upper-limb impairment after strokeAlbert C Lo
Providence Veterans Affairs Medical Center and Brown University, Providence, RI 02909, USA
N Engl J Med 362:1772-83. 2010..Effective rehabilitative therapies are needed for patients with long-term deficits after stroke...
- Outcomes following endovascular vs open repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm: a randomized trialFrank A Lederle
Medicine Service, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Minneapolis, Minnesota 55417, USA
JAMA 302:1535-42. 2009..Limited data are available to assess whether endovascular repair of abdominal aortic aneurysm (AAA) improves short-term outcomes compared with traditional open repair...
- Bilateral deep brain stimulation vs best medical therapy for patients with advanced Parkinson disease: a randomized controlled trialFrances M Weaver
Hines VA Hospital, Center for Management of Complex Chronic Care, Hines, Illinois 60141, USA
JAMA 301:63-73. 2009..Deep brain stimulation is an accepted treatment for advanced Parkinson disease (PD), although there are few randomized trials comparing treatments, and most studies exclude older patients...
- Design of combination angiotensin receptor blocker and angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitor for treatment of diabetic nephropathy (VA NEPHRON-D)Linda F Fried
Veterans Affairs Pittsburgh Healthcare System and Department of Medicine, University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine, Pittsburgh, Pennsylviania 15240, USA
Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 4:361-8. 2009..This paper discusses the design and key methodological issues that arose during the planning of the study...
- Glucose control and vascular complications in veterans with type 2 diabetesWilliam Duckworth
Phoenix Veterans Affairs Health Care Center, Phoenix, AZ 85012, USA
N Engl J Med 360:129-39. 2009..The effects of intensive glucose control on cardiovascular events in patients with long-standing type 2 diabetes mellitus remain uncertain...
- Methodological issues in comparative effectiveness research: clinical trialsPeter Peduzzi
VA Cooperative Studies Program Coordinating Center, US Department of Veterans Affairs, West Haven, Connecticut, USA
Am J Med 123:e8-15. 2010..We also outline some future directions for comparative effectiveness clinical trials...
- Identifying work organization targets for a work-related musculoskeletal symptom prevention programGrant D Huang
Office of Research and Development, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs, Washington, District of Columbia, USA
J Occup Rehabil 14:13-30. 2004....