An Fu Hsiao
- A randomized controlled study to evaluate the efficacy of noninvasive limb cover for chronic phantom limb pain among veteran amputeesAn Fu Hsiao
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach, CA, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 93:617-22. 2012..To assess the efficacy of a noninvasive limb cover for treating chronic phantom limb pain (PLP)...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use among Asian-American subgroups: prevalence, predictors, and lack of relationship to acculturation and access to conventional health careAn Fu Hsiao
Center for Health Policy Research, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 5800, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:1003-10. 2006..Because of differences in health and cultural beliefs, we also hypothesized that patterns and predictors of CAM use would vary among Asian-American subgroups...
- Role of religiosity and spirituality in complementary and alternative medicine use among cancer survivors in CaliforniaAn Fu Hsiao
VA Long Beach Healthcare System, Long Beach, California 90822, USA
Integr Cancer Ther 7:139-46. 2008..Because increased religiosity and spirituality have been found to be associated with higher CAM use in the general population, it was hypothesized that these factors would be important predictors of CAM use in cancer survivors...
- Variation in complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) use across racial/ethnic groups and the development of ethnic-specific measures of CAM useAn Fu Hsiao
UCI Center for Health Policy Research, Irvine, CA 92697 5800, USA
J Altern Complement Med 12:281-90. 2006....
- Suboptimal control of atherosclerotic disease risk factors after cardiac and cerebrovascular proceduresEric M Cheng
Department of Neurology, VA Greater Los Angeles Healthcare System, Los Angeles, CA 90073, USA
Stroke 38:929-34. 2007..Undergoing a carotid endarterectomy, a coronary artery bypass graft, or a percutaneous coronary intervention provides an opportunity to optimize control of blood pressure and low-density lipoprotein...
- Variations in provider conceptions of integrative medicineAn Fu Hsiao
UCI Center for Health Policy Research Irvine, CA, USA
Soc Sci Med 62:2973-87. 2006..They advocated an open-minded perspective about other healing traditions, promoting co-management with and making referrals to practitioners of other paradigms, and treating patients with both CAM and conventional healing modalities...
- Complementary and alternative medicine use and substitution for conventional therapy by HIV-infected patientsAn Fu Hsiao
Division of General Internal Medicine and Health Services Research, Department of Medicine, University of California Los Angeles, 911 Broxton Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095 1736, USA
J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr 33:157-65. 2003..HIV-infected patients commonly use complementary and alternative medicine (CAM), but it is not known how often CAM is used as a complement or as a substitute for conventional HIV therapy...
- A Self-Report Measure of Clinicians' Orientation toward Integrative MedicineAn-Fu Hsiao
UCLA Department of Medicine, Division of GIM/HSR, 911 Broxton Plaza, Los Angeles, CA 90095-1736, USA
Health Serv Res 40:1553-69. 2005..The IM-30 survey, which we estimate as requiring 5 minutes to complete, can be administered to both conventional and CAM clinicians...
- Religious and spiritual practices and identification among individuals living with cancer and other chronic diseaseAnita H Ambs
Applied Research Program, Division of Cancer Control and Prevention Sciences, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD, USA
J Soc Integr Oncol 5:53-60. 2007..Future research should continue to examine whether and how religious and spiritual practices are used as complementary or alternative medicine, and health care professionals should ask their patients about such use...
- CAM Use and Access to Care by Asian Pacific IslandersAn Fu Hsiao; Fiscal Year: 2005..This study represents a necessary first step to better understand if CAM use among AAPIs and whether it contributes to health disparities. ..